Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready for the ICE! Finally.
After a few years of toying with the thought of actually getting some ice fishing stuff set up, I did it this year.

rounded out my arsenal with an Jet Sled Jr. (cabelas 20$ on sale) a home depot orange bucket 5 gal. (2.97 on SALE) and figured out a use for the battery box for my float tube setup to power my finder. here are a few pics of the setup, I also have an 8 inch auger I got from KentofNSL a year or two ago. using a quantum 28 inch ice rod with a tiny reel on it, not sure what model but i got the combo at sportsmans a year ago for 24.95 (no sale). also filled up a older Flambeu tackle box I had and made it the desginated ICE BOX.
I did improve the "look" of the sled by putting a few BFT stickers in it, and added a 36 inch stick on measuring devise so I can get a fast gander at what size the wigglers are (sprtsmans 3.99 no sale) northland adhesive measuring tape with length to weight conversion for a few different species of fish, trout, walleye, perch and Pike i think.... any how i am just proud of what i came up with and thought i would share with everyone. Now I just need to get up FISHING before the ice is GONE.
[signature]
Your set up looks good, but now the ice is melting and its time for soft water...[Wink][sly]
[signature]
Looks good BADFISH. May I suggest a Ice Scoop and consolidating your tackle into a small box of stuff that you'll actually use on the ice. Pray for cold weather!
[signature]
Nice setup but ya better hurry and hit the ice not too much of it going to be around for much longer
[signature]
Sweet! Looks just like mine. Basic setup and it fits in the back seat of the car so if the roads are good I can save on the gas bill too. Just sucks when the wind blows with no where to hide.
Better get after it soon or you'll have too use your sled as a boat!
[signature]