Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hopefully the weather turns back to freezing
This warm spell we're having is making ice fishing a real mess for a lot of folks. Hopefully the unseasonably warm temps cool off off here and we're able to walk on the water yet.

Regretfully I haven't been out since the warm spell hit last Friday and Saturday.. Walleyes on Mendota really started to pop I hear.. a Friend of mine was able to get out both nights and slammed some good fish both nights. Apparently the tip-ups and jig rods with medium shiners did the trick on the bars. My brother took his 3yr old out and chased Perch for a few hours and had some fun with a couple suspended Walleye out in @ 66'-70' of water.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out here in the next day or so and toss some pictures up myself [Wink]
[signature]
I hear ya, things are no better in SE michigan...

I take it you heard last week we had 130+ guys go floating off in to lake erie?

one died, he tried to take his snowmobile and drive across the water to get back to shore, he didnt quite make it, but was pulled out of the water and taken to the hospitol where he died of a heart atack...

I my self went thought the lake with my quad. I was only driveing in a foot of water. I just made me have to put it in to 4 wheel drive to keep going 30 feet till I found solid ice again...

you epecting any snow from that storm that is susposed to be developing over top your head?

our weather man is saying the system building over you is going to take a dump on us... we are susposed to get 2 inches out of it on saturday. north of us is expectin about half a foot or more...
[signature]