Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish from a tube
Does anyone fish for catfish from a tube? I kinda want to try it. Mostly cause my big catfish rod would look so silly on my tube. [Image: happy.gif]

Jason
[signature]
Love to fish for catfish from my tube. They can get you going in circles or pull you strait. Just remember to lift your fins or watch them good as the catfish will wrap your line around them and then break off. Learned that the hard way a couple of times.[Wink]
[signature]
Really enjoy fishing for cats (or any fish) from my tube. With the channel cats, watch out for the spines as they will put a hole in the bladder.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
I have caught Cat Fish from my pontoon, but it was an accident LOL and on a fly.
Tube Dude and Babe are Kitty Hunters big time! They use SFC all the time.
[signature]
I too may try fishing for some Cats from my tube later this year. Saw a 98 pounder that Catfish Jack caught on Lower Otay last Spring. Don't know what hookin' into a monster like that would be like on a tube. "E Ride" at Disneyland, I'd imagine:o)
[signature]
I've fished for catfish from a tube and pontoon. It is exciting and a lot of fun. definitely give it a try.
[signature]
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm a flyfisherman and I've caught a few cats from a tube. Just watch out for their sharp "spike" fin that it doesn't poke the tube. Other than that, It's a kick catching cats.

Slim
[signature]
Welcome Slim1, I love the picture of the fly in the corner of the catch...great idea. I might have to borrow that idea, if that is okay with you.
By the way, NICE CAT!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have fished catfish from a float tube all over the country. Have caught literally thousands...of several species...including big flatheads and blues. Mostly channel cats.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You don't need any special equipment for fishing cats from a tube or toon. Just be sure you have good line, a good drag and that you have a good net to control them when you get them near the tube. Lip grippers are good too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yes, catfish have spines, but the small ones are the sharpest and most dangerous. As cats get bigger, the sharp points wear down and become rounded and less dangerous.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Anything there is to know about Cat fishin' from tubes, TD knows. He's a finned encyclopedia.

-ABT
[signature]