Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jimbow, chickamauga, crappie, 2/9/09, alone
Decided to hit the lake again after about a 2 month layoff. Started off bad when I discovered I'd left the switch on and my cranking battery was drained but I switched my cables over to my trolling motor battery and off I went. I put in at Skull Island at about 1:30 and headed up river. Wind had gotten up pretty good but it was still a beautiful day and I had high hopes. After about 1 1/2 hrs and 3 usually productive spots failed to produce even one fish, I was a little bummed but I decided to fight the wind and headed back down to some areas around and below Sequoia. I finally found a few cooperative fish and from 3:15 to about 4:30, I put around 20 crappie in the boat. They were actually much shallower than I would have thought, coming from 7 to 10 ft. of water but near deep water (20-25 ft). Water temp was 48 to 50. All were caught on ringer stingers (pearl/chart & red/chart) on a 32nd head. I kept the biggest 6 for dinner and released the rest. Sorry no pics, I left my camera in my buddy's truck after a rabbit hunt last week and haven't gotten it back yet.