Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yellow and blue star
here's a rod I built for my self, it's a GL-2 loomis Granite,
med. heavy, fast tip. spinning. I use this rod for casting big lures for pike or tigermuskies.
I wrapped the yellow and blue colors of S.D. Chargers, I also did a lighting bolt weave.
later chuck
[signature]
Very nice Chuck
[signature]
thanks Jim, the lighting bolt didn't turn out the way I was thinking it was going to, but it looks ok. later chuck
[signature]
A little work and it can be done. When I did my circle it took a bunch of tries until I got the layout down. Its all trial and error
[signature]
i have a buddy who would kill for a rod with the bolt in it. Great idea and imagination.
[signature]
I could do one for your friend for 30 bucks or write the chargers. my letters are 16 threads so they preyty good size and show very nice on a rod. later chuck
[signature]
i will tell him. How long and and what action?
[signature]

I can build any rod you would like, heavy ocean to light fresh water, fly rod, casting, spinning. or I can take your rod and redo it to the colors you want and a design of somthing you might like. later chuck
[signature]
how long would a fly rod cost. I may take you up on that one. I am wanting just a simple 6 ft 2 wt. for small streams with alot of willows around it.
[signature]
It would take a few weeks right from the start. I would have to order a blank and all the parts. the cost can vary from 70 to 700 or more, just depends on what you want.

cabales has some pretty good priced kits for around 100 and up. the quality is pretty desent also.
janns netcraft also has some kits for good prices.
just let me know if you would like one built.
later chuck
[signature]
i will have to find a reel first so let me get back with you after i get one.
[signature]
Just in case anyone is interested in a weave pattern for the Charger bolt, there is one in PDF format for free on The Rod Builder's Library website. See the weaving patterns page.
[signature]