Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many times do you call in sick for work to go fishing
I have a little bet going on with a friend about the number of anglers who call in sick to hit there favorite hole lets see if i am right![Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
things i have called in sick for
1. march madness. (its almost that time again)
2. opening day for streams in idaho
3. if the steelhead fishing is realy hot and i want to leave on a friday not wait tell sat.
[signature]
I called in sick a few years ago and still haven't gone back to work....Is there a box I can mark????
[signature]
To the superannuated the word "work" is obscene. First thing I did after retiring was to throw away my watch. Doesn't matter what time it is 'cause I got all day. Boat and pole are ready to go at the drop of a worm. Love it! My sympathies to all you who have obligaitions to wwo...., wor... , sorry, I just find the word too offensive.[sly]
[signature]
yeah i don't have a job to call in sick to right now. i wish i did. it's hard to fish when you're broke.
[signature]
I have too many days of vacation to have to call in sick
[signature]
Never I get off when I want too, as long as its and advance notice
[signature]
[frown] I unfortunatly can not call in "sick" to work. My wife and I own our own business and if call in to work sick... well you get the idea[Wink].
[signature]
I tell them its a "mental health day" So Technically I'm not lying[Wink] If you know me, I dont need to explain.[crazy]
[signature]
Sorry about not having a job I know how that feels. I am glad to see some people understand the Mental health day. So far My friend is winning.[Image: bobmad.gif][Image: bobmad.gif]
[signature]
Sounds to me most are just sick of work..............

Works for people that dont know how to fish!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Never! Sorry can't vote, didn't provide the never option.

I consider myself pretty lucky to even have a job especially now. If I need time off I take it, no need to lie and risk losing my job over it.

Each to thier own and I am no saint by any means, but lying will never lead you to anything but trouble and that is what I try to teach my son.
[signature]
A minimum of 3 days a year and a max of 12 days..I too have a grundle of vacation an a supervisor who understands any fish anywhere anytime.. Fortunate to have a job like many others but my accrued time is mine..[Wink]..Fish on.FISHAMANIAC
[signature]
Never, I would be mad if my employees lied and called in.

Thats why I give them vacation.

Fishon: I couldn't agree with you more!!!
[signature]
[shocked] Just to let you know I dont call in and say Im sick at all !! I call the hrs in the night before to my supervisor and tell him im goin fishin..My place of employments code says 30 mins before the shift is excusable..I have no desire in lying to my work about takin time off nor do i believe that those that do intentionally have the right..My 2 cents..
[signature]
Calling in sick so I can go fishing is not an option for me personally because I would not want to get caught in a lie. My credibility means too much to me.

I have a great boss that understands the outdoor obsessions. If I want a day, I ask for it and I'm up front as to why. I've not been denied in a long time. And right now I don't even consider taking off because of the economy. The company I work for laid off an office worker today. Pretty sobering sight, a co-worker carrying her box of stuff out the back door crying uncontrollably.

+1 fish1on
[signature]
I can't remember whether I have ever called in sick or not.

One incident I recall, but vaguely, one morning I was captured by alien spacecraft and taken to Utah Lake. I woke up in a daze, you know my head feeling spinny. I was dropped off at Lindon boat harbor. I could not recall while onboard the spacecraft whether I used my cell phone to tell my boss at work that aliens were taking me fishing to Utah Lake. By the way the aliens fishing rods were awesome! But their lures looked strange and imagine they got skunked.

The next day my boss never said a thing, he is such a nice guy.

Happy fishing.
[signature]
I love fishing as much as anyone but there's no way I'd call in & lie to go fishing. I gotta look in the mirror to shave & gotta have some respect for that homely old SOB that stares back at me.
[signature]
" Work is for people who don't know how to fish"

Or is fishing for people who don't know how to work????

Or is fishing work????
[signature]
I wasn't really into fishing, when I had a job.
But now that I do freelance work, I can go whenever I want - as long as it doesn't interfere with getting my projects done on time.
Good thing I'm not a procrastinator! I have a project due on Monday afternoon, and I'm already done... so I gots all day tomorrow to relax!
[signature]