Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAAAAA-CHUUUU !
I GOT ME A , AAA-CHOOO ! , EXCUSE ME ! , A COLD !

ALL THE SIMPLE PLEASURES THAT COME WITH IT TOO . STUFFY HEAD , A NOSE THAT RUNS FASTER THAN NIAGRA FALLS , AND A WIFE THAT SAYS I'M ACTING LIKE A BABY , LOL .

THERES A HEAVY DUTY HEFTY SINCH SACK ( LAWN AND GARDEN SIZE ) IN A TRASH CAN ON ROLLERS TRAILING BEHIND ME EVERYWHERE I GO . I EVEN HAVE A COUPLE ROLLS OF T.P. STRUNG THRU MY BELT . THOES LITTLE INDUSTRIAL SIZE BOXES OF KLEENEX (5000 SHEETS PER BOX ) ARE NO MATCH FOR MY NOSE ! I LOOK LIKE JIMMY DURANTE ON STEROIDS !

AAAAAAAAAAAA-CHOOOOOOOO ! GREAT ! NOW I NEED SOME WINDEX TOO !

THE WIFES HOME REMIDIES OF " GET OUTTA MY FACE " AND " DON'T COME NEAR ME " JUST ARE NOT HELPING ME OUT , WHO'S GOT AN OLD FASIONED CURE ALL RECIPE FOR THIS THING . PEOPLE ARE MAKING CROSSES WITH THERE FINGERS AND BACKING AWAY FROM ME , I'M BEGINING TO GET A COMPLEX OVER THAT .

YA' EVER CAST WHILE SNEESING ? MAN TALK ABOUT DISTANCE AND CHUMMING THE WATER ALL AT ONCE !
[signature]
[Wink] What a explaination , the best , I mean the best one I've ever heard ( Im going to print this one !!! lol ) . You are my exuse god !!!! . The only remedy I have for that is alot of sunlite and lots of water !!! Hmmmmmm , where could I get that ?. NO really , the best thing that works for me is Alka-selzter plus--night-time cold. If you use this when you think your catching one , ussually it knocks it out !!! Good luck oh mighty nose dripper !!

Flagmanonice ................drip...............drip............drip...........sneeze.......LMAO
[signature]
if I have to go for the med's I reach for the dimetab in the purple box,

other wise its the home remidy and its starts with lots of soup, not form the strore,

start with 2 large sweet onions or 2 medium yellow onions, (finly diced)

1 table spoon table salt

2 table spoons black pepper

one whole garlic (crushed) or one heaping teaspoon of garlic powder

1 cup thinly sliced carrots,

1 cup thinly sliced celery

one whole 5 pound chicken

2 gallons water,

dump all ingredieants in to the pot,

boil the cicken till tender,

pull cicken apart into small peices (deboneing) and put back in the pot.

simmer for one hour, taking half a cup every 15 minutes to sampleing,

take one cup oraly every hour while symptoms persist.

in three days you are cured while every one else is down with it for a week or worse.
[signature]
My best cure for a cold or upper respertory infection, even works on pnuemonia (sp) is to go to the local grocery store and buy a couple of bottles (half gallon size) of Ruby Red Grapefruite juice with tangerine (to sweeten it). Drink copious amounts over ice all day. Only problem being if you are taking a hight chlosterol medication it does abrogate it. So you only use grapefruit juice when down with a severe cold.
[signature]
i love a good chicken soup recipie , cambell's is good to warm the bones while ice fishing , but the reel Mc Coy is the best by far when your feeling a little under the weather ( or under the porcilin reciptical lid , lol ) . my dad has the family recipe for the soup , but he guards it with his life . only the best cook in the family will recive these secrets , as yet he has not found anyone qualified to get them . talk about your high standerds .
[signature]
i love grapefruit strait from the package nature gave it ! slice it in half and dig away ! i had never thought of eating or drinking it with a cold or flu , probbably because the taste buds change during a cold for me . but , i'll give it a try . thanks !
[signature]
lol,

the best cook will be able to taist the soup, and know what is in it and duplicate it, ... hint hint hint....
[signature]
I eat red grapefruit also but when am sick with a cold the injestion of lots of vitamin c thru grapefuit juice with tangerin. Drink it exclusivly of all else. Coffee in morn is okay. Yeah cold do change your way of tasting. Actually it has more to do with the lack of smell than the change of taste of food. Since you can not smell it as well the brain says that it does not taste the same either.
[signature]
eat some vitamin C. it helps build the immune system or something. drink alot of water too!

joe
[signature]
clear russian water with the vitamin c ! strait from the vod - ka valley [Wink]
[signature]
[Smile] Try the three (R's) Rub down, Roll up, and Rest.
Allways works for me, later chuck
[signature]
well stupid me with a cold went fishing with his leakey waders on in very cold water . results - phenomia ! recovery was slow , so has my posting but not because of the illness .

my little gals were out for a walk and found a black lab puppy and brought it home .

can we keep it ? it followed us home ! is what your probbably thinking , right ?

the Sad part was that the puppy was bound in a bag , it's ribs were broken and it was tossed into a ditch ! damn near dead . 6 to 8 weeks old .

each member of the family has been nursing the little guy back to health . the ribs have a bit more time to go , but the little guy is now bouncing around as happy as can be , he has been adopted out to a family that will finish his recovery and provide him with a lifelong home .

he sure made my recovery go a lot easier , i'm going too miss him .
[signature]
hey there twin, ya got to remember though, grapefruit juice and also, cranberry juice acts as a whasher outer, it takes the water, you can git very dehydrated from doin this so you also NEED TO PUT OTHER LIQUIDS WATER ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR SYSTEM TOO TO COINCIDE WITH YOU WASHIN INFECTIONS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM. be careful how you do this everybody!! it does help and work, but take the same amount in too. later
[signature]
sorry to hear your sick there guy!! yeah i like jimmy durante too haha. at least the wife can find ya . haha sorry. well like dave said, like twin said, haha is all good. but add this too! gramps recipe, haha i got this done to me so your turn haha!now it,s passed down to you. haha it worked though. take a small onion and fry it up in 3tablespoon butter, take off stove add tablespoon ginger, add 2 tablespoons honey or more to desired taste helps cut down the ginger and it,s good fer ya anyways mix alllll together and swaller! haha it will be hot! but by god it kills or cures ma always said haha it sweats it out of ya. what to do then like ma use to do from her gram, take sone red flannel with the vicks throw it on ya chest, put the flannel over that git in bed and cover with blankets it will sweat anythin out of ya!! that,s there haha take the mixer so it starts breakin everythin up in your lungs. good fer pheumonia brnchitus eat daves soup and lots of liquids to keep things movin!! should feel better in a day or 2 later
[signature]