Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lures and Water Color
The water in my river is pretty dark, but you can see about 6-8" under the surface, depending on the light. I've been using a black/silver lure...is this the right choice? or should I go with something more flashy, say a blue or minnow color? I'm looking to hit the river more often this year, so if there are any bass close to the boat launch, I wanna try and snag em.
[signature]
Chartruse is a pretty good color for largemouth and smallmouth in darker water. Craw color in the spring.
[signature]
Alright, I'll certainly give that one a shot next time I'm out. Thanks.
[signature]
For crankbaits I would use bright orange in spring, Chartreuse/Black in summer. For plastics I would always use dark colors like black or junebug and maybe some with chartreuse tails. Same for jigs- black, dark brown with matching trailers.
[signature]
My Girl got me a Rattlin' Rapala for Valentine's day....(Also a solid chocolate Largemouth Bass haha). It's silver and blue with red on the sides and an orange bottom....think itll fare well?
[signature]
Lucky you! You know what I got my girl?...I marinated a pork tenderloin for two days in a chipotle/lime dry rub and then let it sit in the smoker for seven hours until it was perfectly smoked, 185 degrees in the middle and a nice crust of smoke flavored seasonings on the outside. I cut two slices off, I ate one to test it and gave the other to my wife who was downstairs as a tease. I came back up and the plate was empty. Sunny, my chocolate lab, had a wonderful Valentines Day. I hope she enjoyed it [mad].
Anyways, I think the rat rap should produce. I have some just like it and use them all the time.
[signature]
Haha. I grilled my girl a steak (I swear its the best steak I've ever grilled in my life, it had a little bite to it, not bad, and we could taste all the spices and seasonings I put on it), potatoes, corn, a real nice meal. But when she got to my house there was a big stuffed frog wearing frog slippers (she loves stuff like that) holding an envelope with a card and a poem i wrote her, and also holding a gold ring with a heart shaped ruby on it. On top of that I got her 2 dozen flowers and a big thing of chocolates. Overboard? definitely. Worth it? No doubt. ([Wink])

I'm glad the lure should produce. I was gonna try it out this morning bout 3...buuuuuut I'm not gonna make that. I gotta sleep. I'll try it bout 4 tomorrow.
[signature]
Wanted: Girl that eats. Out here in California I've noticed that the gals have just quit eating. I used to ask them out to dinner but now they only want coffee. They are shrinking and looking weak. No more hiking, bike riding, or boobs. Just long skinny gals with coffee breath. I want to go to Wisconsin, the gals there ate and drank beer. They slipped me maps to good fishing spots. They were missing teeth but I guess you have to give up something to get a gal to hang with you while you are out on the lake. The girl here are always cold too. Maybe it is just because they are minutes away from dieing...By the way , if you are a girl that eats, has her teeth, and lets me go fishing, I love you. You can have me. You will never starve if you like to eat fish. If you own a boat ,that's even better...send picture of boat. I own my own house, vacation house, and cabin in the mountains. If you play your cards right you will hardly ever even have to see me. Just a dinner now and again, maybe breakfast if I'm lucky.....
[signature]
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Yeah don't walk past one of those skinny women too fast...might give em' pneumonia. [laugh]

I got really lucky. My girl eats, loves to cook for me and make me happy, (I love to make her happy), loves to fish, wants to get a boat when we're married and go fishing with me. She's PERFECT! She will drink with me, AND has all her teeth. [Smile]

In retrospect, I'm not lucky. I'm truly blessed. unfortunately the bass in her pond weren't biting today...just a stoopid crappie. got 2 out of 3 hooks from my lure in its mouth. that was a pain in the you know what to get out. Wednesday looks promising though. 67degrees and gloomy, stormy weather. I'm pretty excited.
[signature]
Thank God for stoopid Crappie, Sac-o-let, White perch, Spotted perch, or whatever, if it wasn't for them my day would be way less interesting.
[signature]
Hey Bendopolo. The experts claim that Wisconsin was the home of the inventor of the toothbrush. Anywhere else and it would have been called the Teethbrush. haha[cool]
[signature]
I try using darker colors such as junebug or black plastics and maybe dip the tail end in some chart dye. It has paid off for me many times. Also try some chart or firetiger crankbaits. The Citrus Shad from Bomber has work for me very well in this situation.

Good Luck Man
[signature]
I have this little crankbait that's the size of my thumb. Its black on top and silver on bottom. That's what the bass have hit so far. So I'm gonna look into a Rapala Dives-To, because that's what it resembles in shape. I'll get a black and silver one, except bigger. I'm hoping bigger fish will hit the bigger lure.
[signature]
The word for the day is FIRETIGER. It's the most unnatural color in the world besides those crazy colored reef fish in the tropics. Great for dark and dingy water it has the highest refractive index in its class. Fish can see it and,due to the cloudy water, it must look like food because the fish eat it. For bigger fish, fish outside and deeper than you normally fish. you can choose to fish faster or slower, but slower is usually better. Larger fish have fewer enemies and can be more deliberate. Cloudy water fish have a more highly developed sense of vibration than clear water fish. More shaking, Beads, Clackers, electronic noise aids, all for dingy water. Also they feed more at night, I guess they are just better at that. Also its a good idea to fish cranks with rattles to help the fish find the bait. Dingy water fish also engage in more reaction strikes so a lot of casts in the area might just dredge up a fish that would have been unwilling to strike on the firt few casts. You have somebody that lets you fish, do them proud and catch giants!
[signature]
Well, my girl got me a rattlin rapala in silver blue for valentine's day, and i just bought a dives-to 6 tonight in silver, both of them rattle. So i should be ok. Now it just has to warm up so the fish feed more.

As far as fishing for bigger fish at night, I found a chart on this website that outlined major and minor feeding times for fish....is it accurate? anyone know?
[signature]