Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
polo-dog, Chickamauga, Crappie, 2/12/09, Freida
What a great welcome home gift! Nan and I had just gotten home a few minutes before 6pm from a trip to see my two boys who are in college in the Northeast and it wasn't dark yet so Freida and I went fishing. Cast a couple of times to my pile but hung up twice so hopped in the boat and ran to a spot close to home. It's a spot with brush next to a steep bank and the fish were all over it. I used my regular panfish assassins and 1/32 oz head. I used a 4 count until I cleared the brush and then let it drop shaking it and then pausing for 3-4 seconds and then shaking again. Most of the fish came after the first two drops over the brush or the first couple of shakes after clearing the brush. The fish that hit the deepest must have hit after the 6th or 7th group of shakes. The fish were on fire and I fished until they quit biting for lack of light. I boated 20 fish including 10 keepers with biggest just shy of 12 inches. I fished only 45 min and only caught them for 30 minutes. I hung up and broke off three times in that period of time so, as I said the fishing was "hottttttttttttttt!" I don't ever remember catching that many in such a short period of time by myself. With the longer days I might get to fish some after work now, PTL! I am glad to be back but did have a great time with the kids. I never connected my depthfinder so I don't know what the temp back here is. I would expect that it's warmed up considerably. All I can say is WOW!