Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
140 fish at fish lake
Well we went to fish lake last weekend and did pretty good. Saturday nobody caught anything except me and I only caught one splake about 16 inches. Sunday we tried a different spot over by pelican point and we couldn't keep the fish off. My wife and kids and I reeled in 140 fish, most of them perch but we did catch alot of splake and a few rainbows. The biggest was about 20 inches or so. Had a great time sunday. This was my first ice fishing trip to fish lake. I don't know if its always like that with the perch but man you cant beet it. Here is some pics for the non believers.
[signature]
Great trip! How did your fingers hold up to all that filleting? Those perch will tear you up. Whens the perch party at your house? I'm hungry.[Wink]
[signature]
Great catch and lots of family fun
[signature]
Ha Ha, thats what teenagers are for. They wanted to keep all of them, I had to tell them the more they keep the more the have to fillet. Oh you missed the party it was monday. But I did just smoke all the trout there is plenty to go around.[Wink]
[signature]
You have got to love those type of trips! Looks like the family had a good time.
[signature]
Ya it was great but hard to convince the wife and kids they didnt need 50 perch a piece, not to mention all the trout.
[signature]
looks like a great day by any anglers standards. thanks for thinning the perch out a little.
[signature]
So is that normal for the perch down there or what. I could not believe the fish. We put the camera down the hole and the screen was filled with fish. We were in 20 feet of water and there were trout and perch every where.
[signature]
yeah if you're on top of the weed bed you'll catch perch all day long. if you move just a few feet outside of the weeds you'll usually find more trout out there.

If you use the first couple perch as bait and tip your trout lures you'll get a lot more bites. also put the perch eyes on your perch rigs. the little cannibals go for em every time.
[signature]
Good haul!
[signature]
Nice Catch!! how was the ice?
[signature]
Nice report.This is what makes this fun being a member of this board. I can believe even without pictures that you had a 140 fish day. Yes the fishing can be spectacular at Fish Lake. I'm not trying to say that i know everything about Fish lake but the area you were fishing in was better known as little Joe Bush. In the one picture with the big trees that is Joe Bush. and the little bushes in the other picture is little joe bush. If you zoom in on one of those pictures you can see 2 guys fishing behind you guys. They are actually in the bottle neck of the area going to pelican point. I have fished in the exact area where you fished lots of times the moss is very thin in that area because the rocks are real heavy. Thanks for sharing. Pikeman GONE FISHING[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification pikeman. I am not that famillar with fish lake but your right I remember seeing the sign with that name on it. So is it aiways that good at that location. If so I will have to go back before ice off.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Thanks mercuryman. The ice was good ,it was about 12 to 14 inches thick.
[signature]
Nice Fish!!! Good eating. Did you get any Mack strikes? I've yet to get a mack out of fish lake, and maybe need some advice.
(for huntin chucky)
Don't sweat the petty stuff, and do pet the sweaty stuff![Wink]
[signature]
The first day we tried for macks with no luck. The day we were catching the fish we were in shallow water so no macks there.
[signature]