Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello ga
hello ga fishers. as far north as you can go with out leaving georgia (fannin & gilmer county) here. good trout fishing descent lake fishing. we have one of the most beutiful lakes in ga with blue ridge lake (that is when its not drained down. march is coming good time for the trout to start hitting and hitting hard, can't wait, woo hoo!!!
gotta hit the toccoa river
[signature]
Bouy, that is purdy...[cool]

so many good spots in that photo to hit, I wouldnt know where to start... I see spots for trout, catfish and smallies.

gotta luv them smokies, thanks for the share..

they do use a lot of that lake for city water supply, Its to bad there is just getting to be to many people in this world placing to great a demand on natural beauty and our ability to maintain healty levels for all life , No one is teaching the dangers of global over population any where.

sory about the soap thing, it just brings a tear when I think about what is comming. We have another option....
[signature]
great spot for just about everything i have landed one 5 lb cat, and many 14 + inch trout out of there. had one hit on ultra light with 6lb test spider wire that broke the line and didn't even turn it, that one made me sick. like i said its a great area, at least tillthe weather warms up and the tubers start riding it then a body can't get a hook in the water without hitting a tuber (quite literally i'm talking seems like hundreds a day). wouldn't be so bad if they would go to the other side when the saw someone fishing. No respect these days. But march and april is to cold for the little darlings(ha, ha, ha!![sly])
[signature]
hey pal. Thats almost far enough north to be considered YANKEE!!(kidding)

Middle Ga here, with the Ocmulgee River clan. Ever see any alligator up there? I sure dont see any trout down this way. But we've got plenty of catfish, sunfish, bluegill, crappy, and largemouth.

As far as blueridge goes, i've fished a few rivers and streams up there, but i really want to get in on Nottley.

holler back.
[signature]
[mad][size 4]Yankee! I'd be mighty careful sayin' stuff like that, might just upset a feller.[Wink]lol[/size]
[#000000][size 2]So far there are no comfirmed alligators, I have heard of a few sightings though. Of course with the way people are with "pets" now days its just a matter of time. Trout fishing is good here what ever your tactic. Notely is a good fishing lake so is Carters and they say Blue Ridge is a good lake (but i've only caught 3 or 4 fish out of it in my 35 yrs.[of course i don't have a boat that may be the problem]). I live in ellijay now and when I lake fish I usually fish carters at ridge way boat ramp. even if the fish are not biting its enjoyable, there's allot of wild life back in there, deer, bear, and even a pair of bald eagles. ya just hafta watch out for the bear they''ll sneak up on ya, but that's another story, for another time. I usually fish the lakes while the weather is still cool, then go to trout fishing when it gets hotter (more shade trees on the river banks). [/size][/#000000]
[size 2]Peace of advice before planning a big lake fishing trip to these lakes, especially blue ridge or notely check the lake levels, for they pull those lakes down pretty bad. other than that come on and enjoy my home waters. and if your not sure where to go drop me a line and I'll direct you to where i go. who knows we may end up fishing the same holes. good luck, to ya.[/size]
[size 2] [/size]
[signature]
I was at tailwaters few weeks ago b/t McCaysville and Curtis Switch slow day only caught 5 but had a brownie that was 19 1/2 inches and a Bow That was 17 1/2
[signature]
theirs definitly nice trophy fish in there. i grew up a few miles from curtis switch, i have seen some nice fish come out of there. the one that i would have really liked to have tie into is one that my dad and i seen one day when we were fishing a little below the bridge when we saw a 6 or 8 inch trout skipping across the water (it didn't quite make it) then all of a sudden the water exploded. what we saw was a brown trout that had to be at least 2 1/2 ft long. it was a cool thing to see but with my dad and i we are just happy if we catch fish like the one that got ate. to hook into that one would have really been something.
[signature]