Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you tie flies?
[center][Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]So how often do you tie flies?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I put as need arises.. when the truth is I need to rise up out of my chair and go to my bench and do it more often.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
that is me too Mac. Getting me to the Table is like pulling teeth, but once there, you can't pull me away!
[signature]
I agree its very addicting once you sit down. Tie right into the morning if your not careful. I tie more when I start fly fishing more often, cause I run out.
during the winter I feel I have plenty so I dont get the urge as much.

my question should have been "how often SHOULD you be tying flies"
that would have me thinkinLOL[Wink]
[signature]
true sis.. but you get to your table waaayyyyy more often than I do.. [Smile] but then again.. you are the fly goddess.. [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
How often SHOULD......well I would say when your stash starts getting a little selective. I am usually tying for three so my stash is a little bigger[Tongue]
I do allot of swaps this winter so I was averaging an hour or two about 5 days a week.
[signature]
I'm just starting again, just tied some fore & afts as saw on a website, they look rough but they should still catch something if only the bottom[Wink]
[signature]
Hey I caught 2 bows on my fly
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Alright - now how cool is that! Just goes to show you that when the trout are looking for a meal they're not judgemental.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[left]During the winter I tie pretty much every day since I'm retired and just hate the cold weather. Right now I've been tying various colored cone head buggers for steelhead in the tribs entering the PA section of Lake Erie. Have also been tying various mayflies to fill slots in my C&F boxes. A couple of times every year I go through my boxes and give away flies so I can justify tying new ones LOL. I don't have the discipline to tie commercially as I get bored tying many of the same pattern on the same day. Here are some SW flies.

[left][inline fb1.jpg]
[left]
[left]
[left]
[left][font "Garamond"][#ff0000][size 2]Resized picture[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Nice looking group of flies Wbranch. Maybe our fly swap this year should include one's spring cleaning rejects. [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Say there Wbranch as a new member I would like to welcome you t the Fly Fishing forum. BTW years ago when I lived in NY [about 10 miles NE of Port Jervis] I use to fish the Neversink. Where do you wet a line in the Catskills?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Hey there Dryrod,

Glad to meet you - I normally fish the Western Catskill rivers - used to fish the Willowemoc and Beaverkill a great deal but seldom go there any longer. Have a place on the banks of another river. Also fish a little bit near my home in York, PA in the early season at Spring Creek in Bellefonte and Yellow Breeches.

Is there a feature on the site to upload personal fish pictures?

WB
[signature]
one place you can post your pictures is on the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/wall/"]wall of fame[/url]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Just last week I gave away four dozen gently used dries and one dozen fresh out of the vise.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Hi Wbranch - yes there are several ways. Just click on the little picture frame right under the <C> button on the tool bar. Check file then browse through your files until you find the picture you want & double click or click open. Be sure to reduce the picture size to no larger than 450 pixels wide. Clicking Inline button is used for displaying multiple pictures in one post.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
crap.. I misread the post..lol.. I thought he was wanting to upload a lot of pictures .. that why I suggested the wall of fame.. I gots to wake up and read what is posted..LOL..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]