Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallmouth during the week?
Any retired fly fishers at this site? I used to fish the Susky from the Swatty launch to Wrightsville but it has fished poorly (for me & flies) since the problem in 2005. I've been doing better above where the Juniata comes in and would enjoy hearing from fellow anglers who know that section of the river and are able to fish during the week in July and August. Have 16' Lowe flat bottom with jet drive so as long as there is 12" of water I can run it.
[signature]
You make me wish i was older and retired!! lol i got a long way to go at 26 though. I really wanna come down there and fish that section of river sometime. Also wanna fish the section down by the airport, that looks really nice in there. I also tie my own flies but i suck at fly fishing. Cant cast for crap, thats why i tie flies for everyone but myself. Im really gonna try to get into fly fishing this year. Im gonna buckle down and keep at it. I really wanna learn cause i heard that Pike on a fly is awesome. I just tied these really nice pike flies and i hope i can try them out this spring.

I took a look at your profile Wbranch and i seen you like to go up to erie for steelhead. I have been wanting to do that for years. It takes me about 3 hours to get there so its not that bad of a drive. Maybe this will be the year. I go up there a few times during the summer to fish the bay for bass, what an awesome place.

Anyway welcome to BFT Wbranch! Hope you stick around and tell us about all your fishing adventures. We like to see pics of your catch to!! talk to ya soon. [Smile]
[signature]
Hello BigPike,

All you need is to have a guy, who knows what he is doing, spend an hour with you and you should be able to roll cast 20' and overhead cast 25' - 30' within an hour's tutoring.

Are you registered at Facebook? I have many albums ther of steelhead and some pretty big trout. Is there a way you can send me a PM? If so do it and I'll give you my name and then you can look me up there and see my pictures.

Another place I have pictures is at North Eastern Fly Fishing where my screen name is wbranch.
[signature]
hey wbranch,

I'm in Hummelstown, have fished the swatty and am looking forward to hitting the river this year..i just oved out here from the poconos at the end of the summer so its still all new fishing to me..

I dont fly fish however, but if you need a fishing pal for the middle of the week sometime, my schedule usually allows it if you dont mind dragging a younger guy along

Rob
[signature]
Hi Rob,

Glad to hear from you. I was talking to a fellow who told me he wade fishes the Swatty and does well for smallmouth. We could give that a try when it gets warmer. I've run my jet up the lower end of it when it has a good flow with no problem. I put in at the Middletown launch. If you have any interest in fly fishing I could get you started. I have some spin rods and my wife bought me a new four piece travel spin rod and a high end Cabela reel for christmas two years ago. I got lots of crankbaits and plastic too so could go the spinning approach no problem. Probably more effective to spin for smallies in spring when they might be in deeper water. But once water temperature hits 70 degrees, and there are bait fish in the water, there is nothing like throwing a Clouser minnow out and stripping it back and feeling a solid strike.
[signature]
just give me a yell whenever youre ready to start hitting the water, i'm always up for any kind of fishing..actually heading to Brigantine NJ to do some surf fishing in a week or two
[signature]
okay.
[signature]