Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake from shore
I am heading up to Bear Lake this weekend to a big family party, and I am hoping to get in some fishing time. I won't have a boat up there so if any of you guys could give me some tips on where to go and what to use I would greatly appreciate it. I wouldn't mind going after some of those Big carp I hear are in there either. Thanks in Advance.
[signature]
When I've fished from shore, I've fished off both the Utah Sate Park Marina dikes and off Cisco Beach. As far as artificials, I've done quite well on Cutt's with a gold Jakes with red spots off the marina dikes. Not so good with that lure off Cisco Beach. You can cast the Jakes a long way and work it at a variety of speeds and depths.

If you want to try for the big Mac's, try long lining a whole Cisco off Cisco Beach. It's a sit and wait game. You've got to get the Cisco out there a ways. You can swim it out with a tube if you got one. If you don't, rig the biggest clear bubble you can find sliding above a swivel and then put a leader to your Cisco below that. Fill the bubble with water and you can cast it a mile will a long rod and just let it sink slowly to the bottom. Unlike a sinker that ways as much as the water filled bubble in the air, when the bubble hits the water it becomes just a little heavier then the water itself (the wait of the plastic). A sinker that heavy is still almost as heavy after it hits the water and sinks quickly possibly peeling your bait off before it buries itself in the rocks at mach 10. You may loose a few bubbles to the rocks, but sinkers that heavy are worse. Make yourself a line puller out of a coat hanger. Stick it through the vent of the Cisco and push it through and out the mouth. Put a loop of line over the hooked end that just came out of the Cisco's mouth and pull the line back through and out the vent. Attach a treble hook and pull the line back up so the shank of the hook goes into the vent and one of the barbs penetrates the skin. If the Cisco isn't like mush, it will stay on.

Good luck and tight lines.
[signature]
Like Rip n Lips said,that bubble set up is the best if your going to be casting from shore,I would try just south of the pay station on Cisco Beach about 50yds,there is a couple big rocks you can stand on and cast to about 60' of water!! There were a few people catching some pretty good cutts over memorial day from shore just useing worm/mellow combos. good luck"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]