Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon advice..
I've been reading all I could on here and I still don't quite have an answer.
I'm looking to get my first pontoon but I can't decide what to get so I need some input. I primarily want to use my pontoon to fish on lakes and slower rivers. But I plan on trying to shoot some ducks/geese out of it as well. I'm pretty sure I want an aluminum frame and I'd really like to have a stand up casting deck, but I think I might be able to make a homemade one.
So far I'm tossing around the CA Colorado XT, a FishCat 10 IR (the one from Cabelas has a casting deck), FishCat Cougar, and the WaterSkeeter Chetco. Waterskeeter has the Hunter Fisher II but I can't decide if I like it. If I'm not worried about getting a non camo toon...I figure I'll just make a sock for the toons out of some camo blind material and grass it up. I'd rather not break the bank but I suppose if I have to spend 800 or so I will.
Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
[signature]
They all look good, but you left off one. I know I sound like a broken record, but this:
http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0042938319660a.shtml

It is in the same price range, but it is the only USA made one and it has URETHANE bladders where the others don't, which will make it lighter. Plus an awesome warranty
[signature]