Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitching, etc....
Can't remember the names of all them ways of getting the bait/lure out to where you want it...

I remember something about pitching and a few other things. What's this stuff for and how is it done? Does it require any special gear?

Confused as usual.... [crazy]
[signature]
[crazy] Pitching is used mostly by bass fisherman , its when they aim for spots that they have to hit exact or they will get hung up on a tree or dock or boatlift, or weeds . Its ussually done with a side arm motion or underhand motion , alot of times they will skip it on the water to get it under something (dock , tree , etc. ) . Im not a bass fisherman , but I think thats what its about !!! lol

Flagmanonice............
[signature]
you described it pretty good. try not to get the lure too far in the air for you don't want it to make a big splash on the water.

joe
[signature]
[Wink] Thanks tubinjoe !
[signature]
hey no problem man... i love to help![Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]

joe
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys.

But what's that move where they actually toss the watchamacallit with their hand?
[signature]
I think by hand is called castnetting.[Wink]
Think spearing would fit there too.[Smile]
Or maybe lassoing.[cool]
Then there are always the guys that just dive right in and grab whatever is in the log or hole by hand. Not sure if you can really count them though. Not sure if they are really from this planet. Just does not seem like the bright thing to do in my opinion. LOL[crazy]
[signature]
how are you doing on that pitching desert? are you getting the hang of it yet?

joe
[signature]
What I'm actually thinkin' of is something I saw while watching some fishing videos a long time ago. They held the soft plastic whatever in their hand and just sort of tossed it to the area they wanted. If they needed to get it just a little farther, they used the tip of the rod for a little more action to launch it just that little bit extra distance.
[signature]
Hey Joe, what do ya know?

No need for pitching yet. Most of my fishing is done from a fishing pier on various lakes or the Mississippi River. Once my buddy gets his boat going... let's see if I am given an opportunity.
[signature]
hey joe! how ya doi?? ya i do the same thing when i,m fishin my brooks fer my trout, with my crawler. and i also use no sinkers. then that way it acts like a fly also. that was where i was sayin that they,ve hit it before cause they do think it is a fly. and when the crawler sinks it looks more natural to them and they will hit it better even when they ain,t hungry. i,ve had that work many times. but i just call the tip of my rod, the steerin wheel. haha put it where ya want to. haha that,s how i learned my cliff. later
[signature]
hi, i like the one of the lasooin haha good one. haha
[signature]