Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Details…
This is how we make our underwater lights here on Kauai for nighttime drifting for Tuna / Squid…<br><b>IKA SHIBI….</b><br><br>These will hold up far as long as it takes you to drop or bang it…<br>For Under $25… & an hour of your time.<br><br>I got most of the stuff needed at ACE Hardware, most any hardware store should have the needed stuff.<br><br>Rubber Weather proof light screw in fixture, `pictured…<br>Galvanized pipe to fit, I like the strait pipe & the end piece pictured…<br>PVC end cap…<br>Length of extension cord, just buy a cheap shop light & cut off ends… <br>Battery clamps or cigarette lighter plug in for connecting to power, your choice…<br>12 volt bulb…<br>Liquid electrical tape…<br>Heat shrink tubing, various sizes…<br>Solder gun, solder stuff…<br>Silicone….<br>Thin rope for tying off…<br><br>Put it all together, making sure you solder connections & use liquid tape liberally & heat shrink everything.<br><br>Drill hole at end PVC piece just the size electric cord can fit tight…<br><br>Use enough cord to reach with a bit extra where you will be using it on Your boat, too much gets in the way.<br><br>Use plenty silicone, I put extra around the places it will lay & coat the pipe so it doesn’t bang & rust. It goes around base of bulb also….SEAL IT..!<br><br>Use extra length in the clamp / cig plug end so it can be redone later, it will go first.<br><br>Get a length of rope to hold it where you want it, I hang mine off the rigger clamp so it hangs just deeper than the bottom of boat, long enough so the swell doesn’t lift & bang it around against hull.<br><br>I like using battery clamps & an extra battery I carry on board for night trips that is ONLY for lights. You can hook it up to a cig lighter plug in or even wire a good plug into your house battery’s if your boat has the battery’s that can handle.<br><br>I have three, two in the 50 watt & one at 100 watt, I carry them each trip in case one breaks. The 50 watters are for low moon nights & the 100 is for when I want more light / bigger moon, you can hang one over each side if ya like also, they don’t drain that much off a freshly charged battery.<br><br>Much easier than it might sound here, just look at pix & go to hardware store & get what ya need.<br>MUCH better than any I have seen / used for sale in stores.<br><br><i><b>MAKE SURE you put EVERYTHING together BEFORE soldering…[blush]…</i></b><br><br>`Good Luck.<br><br>There really is nothing like seeing Silver color deep from a big tuna in the lit up water…<br>`heck…Any fish….<br>Work’s Great for Squid & other bait too.<br><br>[Smile] <b><font color=red>Aloha from Kauai</b></font color=red> [Wink]<br><br>Dan<br>Stand Up!!!<br><br><A HREF="http://www.fishingkauai.com" target="_new"> Stand Up Fish`N Charters Kauai Hawai </A> <br>[Wink]