Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish finder question
My fish finder last few times i was out would give me false readings on depth . I changed it and and used another one i have laying around and the same thing. Sometimes they would show the correct depths and sometimes they would not show anything. I installed them in the same spot on my boat so i dont know if that makes a difference.Anyone ever have this problem before?
[signature]
what brand is it. my humminbird does that and i have to go in and manually adjust the depth and then reset it back to the manual setting then it will start working again.
[signature]
I have a lowrance then i put my cuda on to see if it was the lowrance but they both ended up doing the same thing.
There is a metal plate just above were the transducers are i wonder if that makes then do that .
[signature]
My depth would flash on my lowrance when I would go ice fishing. I found that by releveling my transducer that it would stop. make sure your transducer is level to the bottom.
[signature]
Hey Ocean, sounds like a bad location. Bubbles will cause major problems with depth readings.
[signature]
It does it when i am trolling or just anchored. I will try moving it to a new spot and see if that makes a difference thanks.
[signature]
Most units do not work as well on automatic as they do on manual. Check your transducer to make sure it is level and clean, then put it on manual and operate it that way. You also might be getting interference from another unit on boat if you run two or from other electronics that are operating.

By the way, you mentioned on another post you went to Yuba, how did it go ?????
Two different units having problems. Even when your not moving? It's a power issue. Clean off your wire ends and make sure your battery is taking a good charge. Even if your unit is showing 12 or more volts, you might not be getting enough amps to push the voltage through.
The only thing I can think of beside that is that the sonar signal is hitting something on the boat before it goes back into the transducer. Try lowering the transducer a bit.
[signature]
I will try them on automatic and see if that works. I am going to reinstall my lowrance and see if the positioning makes a difference. I have my cuda on there still on from last season i hope its as simple as what you and WalleyeBob suggested. I have a seperate battery from my motor and my other devices and i make sure they are always charged.Hopefully this will work thanks guys. By the way i did go try the boat out at yuba i looked for perch so my wife could catch some but they were no were to be founf at least in my spots. I talked to a few other people on my way out and they did ran into Mr skunko out there.I did have a hit on a 10 inch lure i threw out but it must have been a small pike but he got off and that was it and the wind was bad on the painted rocks side and the north end of oasis. But the boat ran great which was my main goal .
[signature]
Well i put my lowrance back on the boat and the same thing happened. I went to lincoln beach and the depth would read 400 feet at times then it would go to the correct depth. It had done the same thing with my cuda. I dont know if both units are bad or its just me doing something wrong. I took off a metal plate that was to the side but that did not make a difference. I almost sunk my boat yesterday to i forgot to silicone the 4 holes were i took the screws out and i had the back of the boat filling with water!! Good thing i saw that as we were jigging for eyes.
[signature]