Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a DAV fishing
Well I have some news..

The date will be the 15 of August 2009...

There is 20 DAV that would love to go fishing for the day, 5 are in wheel chairs 2 or 3 are blind they seem to be the ones that will need the most help...

This is what I would like to do...start the day or fishing at 7:00 and end at 1:00 then have a cook out for them and all the others that helped with this...

I am trying to get poles and reels for them and so on but I can use the help...

I need the help of two or three that can help with lining up arrangements at the Berry and food, and others to help keep track of cooking and boats, and things I have not thought of yet or other things to do...

I would like for the helpers and myself to get together and talk over what we want to try and do and get a better plan...

The ones that want to help arrange and meet please PM me so we can get this going...
[signature]
I will gladly help out, whether with my boat or cooking or whatever.... Keep me in mind for the future...
[signature]
I've got a few rods and reels i could donate. nothin high dollar but if you want them, pm me and we'll figure it out.
[signature]
Thanks we will need your help...
[signature]
Thanks we will get back with you later...
[signature]
I would like to help out i can take one or two on my boat depending on how much help they need.
[signature]
Where are you going to do this ?????
Cliff,

Count me in for the use of my boat and gear.

Remo
[signature]
I love to help. I can't commit 100% because I travel a lot for work and my have to be out of town that weekend. I don't know this far in advance. I have a boat and enough rods to help if I'm in town.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Cliff,[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]I’m still in. I can fish 2 besides myself. And I can help with any committee work you need done. Keep me informed on meetings and such for the preparation phase. I will be out of town the month of April and half of May but will have my computer with me so stay in touch. I’ll PM you my direct email address for this purpose. Thank you for leading this effort.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Sorry I can't jump in to help Cliff but that's the weekend the archery hunts open. I hope you guys have a great time I'm sure the Vets will enjoy it.
[signature]
It will be at the Strawberry on the Soldier creek side....
[signature]
Not all can take a DAV out in the boat or be there on that day, but I can use the help in setting it up and a lot more...

Some to put the boats in and park the trucks and trailers some to cook and some to arrange how many and what we will need like food and drinks bait and lures that are working...

Thanks to all that offered and those who will, any and all help is needed...
[signature]
Brassrods your a good guy...[Smile]....I'd love to help you out.Unable to go that day,but I'd buy some food and drinks for you.Let me know how I can help...I have a lot of poles reels type stuff that you could use if you need.......[Smile]

Rapalas R rated G for everyone............................[fishin]
[signature]
i will try and make with my boat. i can fit 3 people besides me. and on this case i wont be fishing so i can guide them and hopefully give them a good experiance. i can also pitch in on food and drinks.... count me in
[signature]
Cliff, it's a good thing you are doing. Count me in. I will help with the planning and can accommodate several on my boat and have all the gear needed.

Let me know where and when the first meeting will be.
[signature]
I will not be able to make it. Please let me know how I can help if I'm not there.
[signature]
I would like to find a company that would donate the poles and reels and some lures and bait and some if not all the food and drink...Maybe BFT would give some hats or shirts...

but I do need some other people to help me with getting this all done...

Does any one know who or have a phone # of who to call at Soldier creek or Strawberry to get a camping sites ?????

I have the rec. people at the VA hospital is all that so far is helping to organize this but we need your help, Emily with the VA will be out of town till first week of April and by then I hope that a few others will want to help us with what needs to be done to get this off the ground....

Any of the ones that has said they have boats to use let us know what kind and size it is, we need a pontoon boat or two for the wheel chairs...

Thanks...
[signature]
I can help in anyway needed. I can fish three or four in my boat, gladly help in any other way needed. [Smile](Dad was a DAV. Miss him everyday. He taught me to love fishing not just catching) Count me in.
[signature]
[quote bassrods]Does any one know who or have a phone # of who to call at Soldier creek or Strawberry to get a camping sites ?????[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]I'm working on that Cliff. I have a call into the Heber Ranger District and should have some more information tomorrow when I get a call back from 'the man.' PM me with a phone number and I'll call you after I hear something.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."