Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Au Sable Fishing Report 3-15-09
[Image: 3-15-09_2.jpg][/b]Au Sable Steelhead[/b]There are fish , but you really have to work for them .
This is Sam with the smaller of the two fish and his buddy showing of their mornings catch . They both left for a lunch break and when Sam returned he gave it another hour and a half . After nothing hitting during that time Sam said well ," i'm going to head off" , right at that moment Sam scored another fish . Talk about your being enticed to stay a little longer .

Both these guys , like myself are regulars on the Au Sable Footesite fishing ramp .

[Image: 3-15-09_3.jpg][/b]Au Sable Steelhead[/b]

This is my days catch , a nice little buck as were all the fish caught (all males ). I guess the hens are waiting for tuesdays rains to push them up river . Next weekend should be great !!!!!

Five fish total that we witnessed being caught today , our four and some guy across the river netted one .

My gear today ;

Rod : St.Croix wildriver , medium/lite action steelhead rod.
Lures : Eagle Claw #14 circle hooks , red . Waxworms & assorted stone fly patterns
Line : Maxum 4# test
Reel : Shimano Stradic 1000

Hey Tom , I was going to stop by on the way over but I didn't think a 5:30 A.M. wake up call would have gone over too well .
I will be going back over your way next weekend .
[signature]
Hey I know them guys LOL..530 omg you know I'm laid off I sleep in till noon
[signature]
Want to go [fishon]this weekend ?
Saturday or Sunday , you decide .
I have all the gear and I can call from M-55 and M-65 to get you up .
Man.wish i could ..its the lady's bday Friday not sure how I'm gonna be feeling Saturday HA ya know? do you got my cell? give me a call or send me your cell number and maybe we can hook up?
[signature]
Stupid me , forgot to tell you to give the Mrs. a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY "!!!
I didn't head up tonight like I was going to , had a few phone calls to take .
I'll be over tomorow at the foote site , and got the O.K. from my Mrs. on going sunday too .
[signature]
Saturday 815 ... snowing like a big dog here
[signature]
sun and clouds shining here,

found my first crawler fryday, found a couple hellmagranites in the ditch fryday afternoon.

my drive is a mud hole, but when I try to dig in the garden it is frozen solid. guess maybe I am pushing it to soon. [crazy]

crappie are in the cannals already.
[signature]
Yes it was !!!!!
40 mph drive over there , dang those roads were slick .
Fished all day then had one on and just about into the net when the line gave , ARRRGGGHHH !!!!
I had to take care of some family business sunday , i'll give you a call tuesday .
[signature]