Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GONE FISHIN'
[cool]Will the last computer-oriented fisherman in Arizona please turn off the water when you leave. We need all we can save.

Doesn't seem to be (A.) anyone fishing or (B) anyone who fishes and uses a computer too.

If anyone wants a fishing update or has questions on Arizona, I will be hanging out on the Float Tubing board. But, as of today, I will not be playing here anymore.

[Image: animtrout.gif]

TubeDude
[signature]
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sm
[signature]
I understand what you are saying. Here in Nevada Southernman and I are pulling out our hair AHHHHHHuhhhh just to get someone to post anything. We started a contest but we haven't had any bites. I guess they have all gone fishing. Keep the faith and if you want to come over and see us please do. Have a great time fishing.[unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure]
[signature]
OH NO YOU DON'T BIG BUDDY ! I CAN'T LET YOU GET AWAY THAT EASY !

I MYSELF HAVE THE SAME SITUATION IN MY NECK OF THE NORTH WOODS , BUT I REMEMBER WHAT A OLD CHILDHOOD HERO OF MINE ONCE SAID ;

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCEED , KEEP ON SUCKING TILL YOU DO SUCEED ! CURLEY HOWARD , THREE STOOGES .

I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF WATER IN MY STATE , LAKES RIVERS STREAMS GALORE , I TALK TO DOSENS OF GUYS A WEEK WHILE I'M OUT THERE . HELPED THEM WITH THERE FISHING , TIPS SUGESTIONS , GIVEN A FEW OF THEM FLYS , ECT , ECT. ECT . HECK I FIXED ONE GUYS CAR WHEN HE WAS STUCK WITHOUT ANY MONEY . HE NEVER STOPED BY EITHER .

I'VE YET TO HAVE ONE STOP BY THE BOARD AND STAY . I'VE GIVEN UP ON THE PACKET THING , YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN THERE .

I'VE SEEN THE OTHER BOARDS IN MY STATE WHERE GUYS CUSS EACH OTHER OUT , RIP ON A GUY FOR ASKING A QUESTION AND GENERALLY ACT LIKE SPOILED JERKS . THEY TRY TO BOOST THERE SELF IMAGE THAT WAY , THERE LOOSERS . WHO NEEDS TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT . NOOOBODY !

THE GUY THAT NEEDS AN QUESTION ANSWERED- WITHOUT THE RIDICULE , WANTS A FREINDLY ENVIRONMENT TO TALK OR CHUM AROUND IN , NEEDS INFORMATION HE CAN TRUST , WILL ALWAYS FIND IT HERE .

YOU BIG DOGS MADE THIS SITE THE ONE AND ONLY FOR ME ALMOST A YEAR AGO , THAT SAYS SOMETHING .

YA' JUST CAN'T GO DAG-NAB IT !
[signature]
Well TubeDude, I'm going out this weekend, that's right the most busiest weekend of the year.

I'm belive I'm going down to Cibelos(if I spelled it right) down near Blythe,CA.

Sunday, I drove up to Horseshoe dam. I waters so shallow there I didn't even get hung up and that was a first. The water was so low I threw all the way to the other side of the river to the bank.[sly]. So wish me luck. I'll bring back a report.[Tongue]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Funky, good luck on the river. Still kinda hot along that waterway for my likes. I much prefer it in the fall and spring. Of course, for night fishing for kittyfish, it ain't too bad.

What are you targeting? Do you go out in a boat, or are you bankin' it?

By the way, I hit the "hole" below Horseshoe a couple of weeks ago myself. In the good old days the "scour hole" below the dam was over 40 feet deep, and had rocks and other bottom structure to keep the big catfish comfy. On my last trip, in my float tube with sonar, the deepest spot I could find was only 12 feet deep. That was only a small area below where they keep dumping any water that gets into Horseshoe. The rest of the area was not more than about 7 feet deep, with much of the basin less than five feet deep and nothing but silty mud.

I went down right after a morning rainstorm and the water running into the basin from above was chocolate. I caught a couple of small bass and several channels less than 12 inches long, but nothing like the monsters I used to catch out of there. I hadn't been back there since they drained the lake over three years ago. It was kinda like visiting an old friend on their deathbed.

Let us know how you do with all the other folks over the big weekend. And, give me a shout sometime and we'll get together on the water somewhere around here. We got some good fishing coming up soon...when the water cools down and the folks put up their kamikaze toys.
[signature]
Hey Dude, yea I'll be bankin' it. But I just found out cilbloa lake is closed starting labor day til march 15. I'm trying to find out if that includes bank fishing. Yea those boats and jetski is the main reason I'm trying to find someplace secluded. I just got me a 4x4 so maybe that will increase my odds. We can definitely hook-up somtimes. See ya on the water
[signature]
[cool]If you are running up and down that river, be careful, even in a 4X4. That sand is treacherous.

Do you ever use a float tube? If not, would you like to learn? I have extra gear and we can hit Saguaro or any of the other lakes around here for a demo ride. Hook into a big cat and they will give you a ride.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice. I worked in lake Havasue and saw jeeps get stuck.

Sure, I would love to learn. A couple of times I thought about getting a tube and thought about that same thing, taking a ride I didn't want
[signature]
[cool]Sometime about the middle of September, after the wierdos thin out, and the fish cool down, we can work out the details and put you on the water. No worries about taking a ride unless a hurricane comes up...or they pull the plug on the lake and we get caught in a whirlpool.

Sent me a PM with your phone number...or I will send you mine. Let's chat.
[signature]