Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shore fishing Lake Mead
I am coming from Colorado the first week in May ,staying in Vegas.Where is a good spot for shore fishing ,night fishing? Bass& cats
[signature]
Hello! There are lots of places you can fish, from shore, on Lake Mead. The most convenient place, if you are staying in LV, is Boulder Harbor. If you drive down to the lake, through Boulder City, there is a welcome center. They have maps and could direct you to Boulder Harbor. There's a small fishing pier and plenty of shore room. They've been catching stripers and catfish there this past week. There's is no longer a marina there, so you would have to bring your own gear and bait. There's a marina not far away, and I think they have a new fishing pier there also, but it's very busy with more boats - Hemenway Marina. Hope this helps! Linda in LV
[signature]
Thanks NV fishin, is this area good for night fishing? only in Town for 4 nights?
[signature]
Hello again!
I honestly don't know about night fishing in those locations, but we have done a lot of night fishing at Willow Beach - You can find links for it by doing a google search, and you can find maps. Have to cross the Hoover Dam and head straight into Arizona. The fishing pier is open all night and some nice fish have been caught there. It's about a 45 min drive from LV. Marina closes around 6:00 p.m. and opens at 8:00 a.m. There are bathrooms and it's a beautiful location on the Colorado river. Best bet catch there is rainbow trout and stripers.
Linda
[signature]
Thanks NV fishing,we are excited about coming to the Las vegas area it has been 20 years. We want to see the Hoover dam this area sounds good Thanks again if you are in the Colorado Springs area I will provide you with some good fishing spots.

Ron
[signature]
Thanks Ron! I hope you have a fantastic trip.....let me know how your night fishing works out. Hope you have a blast!

Linda
[signature]
If you have a friend to share the cost there are some great fishing guides on Lake Mead. I've never tried fishing from shore. I figured my time there was limited and I wanted to make the most of it.

A guide can provide all the tackle, they know where the fish are and how to catch them... they even clean the fish if you want to keep them.
Aloha,
Stan
[signature]