Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 hole
I hit up the Ole Hole 33 on sunday for some carp fishing action. Did pretty well, about 15 carp and the same number of catfish. The bigger carp and cats came early in the day, before 9am. Then the size dropped of some. I broke off a carp that had to be 20 plus pounds. A great fight till I tried to stick my Gerber pliers into his mouth, he shook his head and the hook broke. And that was all she wrote.

Still did well, not sure if you can see the real size in the pics but I caught two at least that were close to 15 pounds. When I left I was still getting lots of bites, just had to go. That hurts...

Biggest cat was about 2.5 pounds. I would have kept a cat or two but the water had a smell, not a good one, like recalimed water... and cats from reclaimed water, taste like reclaimed water.

Did see many birds coming up with shad in there beaks, from what seemed to be pretty shallow water, maybe 25 feet? Guess at best. Chucked some spinner baits in brush and got nothing on the bass. Did not see anyone in a boat catch anything.

Sunnyside this weekend. Hope the weather holds up. Big trout on my mind, and maybe..just maybe some very early season bass action...
[signature]
Do you leave all your carp for the coyotes?
[signature]