Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trophy Jordanelle Brown caught during netting by DWR for their research project...
All

The only two things that Dude left out are the smallmouth factor with regard to the chub demise and the fact that the WY Game and Fish started to limit the stocking of browns in the 80's because of a lack of forage base. Even today they only stock about every other year and it is a token stock to boot. I would love to see them decide that the browns would be a good deterent for burbot and start a really dedicated stocking program in the Gorge again, but probably isn't going to happen any time in the near future. I am glad this post was started because, for me, browns are at the top of my trophy list.

JohnnyBrownTrout
[signature]
TubeDude is right,
Ray Johnson wrote a book called Big Trout,
Catch and Release 20lb trophy trout by Ray Johnson,
A very good book about his life at flaming gorge.

The state record was set by Bringhurst in 1977 it was a 33lb.- 10oz. brown from Flaming Gorge.
And Ray Johnson still has the state C&R Lake Trout at 46-1/2" in 1998

And with the size of the gorge I'm shore there are still some big boys left in there, The problem is not very many people fish for them any more, and the ones that are caught are accidentally [Wink][fishin]
[signature]
[quote Out4Trout]

BASSRODS was there [#ff0000]assisisting [/#ff0000]the DWR that day...[/quote]

Assisting? I wonder if the DWR considers what Bassrods did that day as "assisting". I guess if you consider following the DWR boats around telling them how to do their job "assisting", then Bassrods assisted!
[signature]
That's a nice fish, but nothing compared to what Cliff has landed. Cliff has landed many over 30" and they all put that one to shame. He is the best fisherman ever! [cool]
[signature]
Now that is some funny $hit there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sly][sly][sly]

Heck he can catch all he wants, just as long as the wears his life vest and stays in his boat and not the water[Wink]
[signature]
Yeah and the pictures to prove it are no where to be found!!![:p][Wink]
TS
[signature]
If that is the fish from years back it was 32" and 23.something, and guess at 10 years old at that time, but I'm not sure if the same fish...

I don't think the DWR has tried to net Jordanelle this year yet, to much ice...
[signature]
PBH YOU ARE A LIAR.....

I was ask to take some pictures by the DWR that day... That day they had to much help and I had a good camera, the pictures was even put in the paper for all to see as well as this site....

If you want to throw mud make sure you know what you are doing...
[signature]
8 pounds is a MONSTER!! Sweet I am sure you took pics of it? Post em up to get us excited about them.
[signature]
Hey WW.
I caught that one before they made cameras [sly][sly] LOL
No I didn't have a digital camera back when I caught that one and I didn't have a reg. camera with me at the time, so no picture's sorry, but my son was there as a witness and I did release him.[Wink]
That is why I carry a digital with me at all times now !!!!
[signature]
Got it, well give them H#11 This year so you can better it!!
[signature]
Nice take...AGAIN....You seem to be a walking fish encyclopedia.How do you know so much about fish????

Rapalas are high breed from over achieving dominating influence do to super factors of fish desire noted by scientific study to gain worthiness without prejudices.If you don't believe that watch one swim..............[fishin]
[signature]
tubedude is like a robot that has a fishing database built on endless experiences. I freakin love reading his posts like everybody else. I must say BFW that your post on the open water at the gorge this last Feb. was one of the first posts that really enjoyed AND struck me as "this guy really knows his **#@" AND he knows the true power of a truly well put together breakfast burrito has,...... to get you going early. I am just saying that I really enjoy posts from experiences that are unique in their own ways.

I think tubedude has a lot of practice telling stories too.
[signature]
Wow, All that for BFW ?????????
Great guy ___________> YES
Great eater________________> ? Yes
Great fisherman ??????????????? _______> Okay ?Yes: ha,ha BFW you thought I was going to say something else Ha.Ha[:p]
[signature]
THAT IS GREAT YOU SAW THIS POST. your post on the brown this winter is how I found the sight in the first place. It was a HOT topic as I was browsing google for Jordanelle browns. Dont worry you have great posts too, everybody does I freakin love this sight. I think the first post I saw was Hookjaws post on the HUGE cutt from the berry. I just thought it was a news article. I wish I would have found this sight last spring. I would have over 1000 posts by now at my rate. I am a proud part of the 200-300 post club with all my friends LOL....that includes you Hooter Patrol !!
[signature]
Well: Thank you and I'm glad you are here also,
I've caught a few big browns and a few big Mac's in my days, hopefully the big fish will go up this year[Wink]
[signature]
I'm on your page.I seem to remember the posts with pictures.Like yours with 500 or so walleyes...........[Smile]
When I see the pictures it gives me hope and desire.Some of the pictures that I've seen on this sight are incredible.I miss fishing and hope the new boat comes soon.In the mean time I'll be looking at all the pictures wishing I'd of been the one who reeled that one in...........................................................................[fishin]

Rapalas are high breed from over achieving dominating influence do to super factors of fish desire noted by scientific study to gain worthiness without prejudices.If you don't believe that watch one swim..............
[signature]
Hello Hooter,
I'll agree with the eater part.I have a weight problem......I can't wait to eat.....I got on the scale the other day and it said one at a time......My wife told me I need to get in shape.I told her rounds a shape....[Smile] Hooter in my eyes your ok.Did I tell you I'm blind in one eye and can't see very much out of the other...................................[fishin]

Rapalas are high breed from over achieving dominating influence do to super factors of fish desire noted by scientific study to gain worthiness without prejudices.If you don't believe that watch one swim..............
[signature]
I swear you already had a boat. Your getting a new one? LUCKY YOU (except the wait) What are you getting? I bet your "loosing it" ...... not being able to fish......I know I am loosing it not having my boat in working order. I feel like a naked cat in a blinding blizzard. (I mean that I am going to probably die if I cant get it going SOON )
[signature]
Triumph 215 center console .Just like sportinsteves.My boat I have now will be back in the shop soon so I can feel good about selling it to the next guy................[Smile]
And yes I'm going stir crazy waiting.Its been 23 days 10 hours and 43 minutes since I ordered it................[Smile]

Rapalas R rated G for everyone............................[fishin]
[signature]