Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Furled leaders
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Ever since Flygoddess brought up the subject of furled leaders I was surprised to find that very few place sell this product. BM one of the largest fly shops in the west doesn't carry any at this time. Looking on line I found that they price between $6.95 to $12.95 per copy. The latter is a bit pricey. After trying out one of her furled leaders everything else feels like I'm casting a piece of 1" hemp. Must say that her stuff is really cool.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thank you My friend. I am going to be doing a demo on them tomorrow at the Utah Fly Tying Expo. See if we can record it for a you-tube thing.
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey FGD when do you sleep? LOL[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Every chance I get...beside.......sleep is over rated[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Ive got to tell my story.. lol..

you sent me some furled leaders a long long time ago.. the next time I went out I used one of the leaders (only brought one with me).. while casting (or attempting to) I got my tippet really tangled in the leader.. too many knots to try to undo.. so I cut it off.. I figured the leader was shot but since I had cut off from the tapered end I tied a perfection loop in the leader... it worked like a charm.. I fished the rest of the day and caught several fish and never had a problem with that loop coming loose..

if that is not a testament to the quality of the loops that you make I dont know what is.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]
Shucks! Thanks guys
[signature]
only speaking the truth sis.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]
I too received the furled leaders. Thank you again FG. I had to opportunity to take them out a few times since and have been converted too! I prefer the mono UNI thread leader for my nymphing and such, and the regular UNI thread for the dries.

Now all I need is a big ol' board, some pegs, and some spare time! [Wink] Oh yeah, and some practice! [cool] Thanks again for sharing your wealth of experience FG.
[signature]