Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinker to the Face! OUCH...
Well I have been fishing since I was around 5 years old so that makes about 43 years fishing and this has never happened to me or anyone I know.

Today while bass fishing with a wacky rigged worm using a 1/4oz slip bullet weight I got hung up on what appeared to be just a small twig of a snag. I pulled left and right a few times then a couple really good long pulls and it was hung up good. I was using my light tackle with only 8lb test and decided to just grab pole and line and walk backwards until the line broke. BIG MISTAKE.

I had a lot of tension on the line and thought it should break soon but instead the twig broke and the bullet weight shot straight for my head at light speed ,well it seemed like light speed because before I could react, WHAM! Bullet weight plows right into my lip. I now have a very nice 1/4 to 1/2 inch gash in my upper lip that could not be stitched even though doctors said it needed stitching but couldn't be done because of something about the gash going through three skin types?? From little of my face to my lip to the interior mucus membrane........

Lesson learned the hard way. No lure is worth it. Next time I if I can't free the lure by some other method I will be cutting the line.
[signature]
ouch... i didnt think fishing was that dangerous i thought the worst thing that could happen is a hook in your finger (happened to me and it hurt bad)... but you needed stitches... ouch...
[signature]