Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone Heard of and Got the Banjo Minnow??
I just bought the Banjo Minnow and I am Confused as heck.. I was wondering if anyone here might know how to use the Banjo Minnows..??

They didnt even send my 5 sets of fish eyes with weights Sad

Carl aka Pharez1
[signature]
They work pretty good for bass, but the hook set up makes it difficult to hook them all the time. The Banjo frogs work really well [Wink]
[signature]
Had a set that I got about 10 years ago. Worked great for large and smallmouth bass, but I wasn't able to detect strikes unless I had a visual, so it only worked good for me in clear water.

Caught some nice sized bass with them though. They have awesome action, look very realistic. They don't seem to do any better than a drop-shot wacky-rigged senko though.
[signature]
the banjo minnow does not really move the way I want it to do in the water.. I dont know even how to get the eyes out of the minnow and into the smaller minnows... I am highly upset with the banjo minnow and think its a rip off.. No way i can get my money back so, can anyone help me figure out how to use them??
[signature]
The version I had 10 years ago had no detachables eyes, they were just solid plastic, and you could screw in a bead rattle, or insert weights, but besides that that's pretty much it.

Can't help you with any eyes. Don't just retrieve them directly, twitch and pause, twitch and pause, that's how you real them in. Make them look like an injured minnow.

And yes, they aren't worth whatever you probably paid for them, but they also aren't worthless either.
[signature]
Picked them up 11 years ago, they just sit in the garage right now. Who knows maybe someday I will pull them out again.[cool]
[signature]