Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carpathon proper release
hit the bear river with my friend and caught a bunch of carp and a few cats one decent one that went 23" ,decided to properly release the carp seeing that everybody likes tubedudes way of doing it.
[signature]
[sly] Pat will be proud
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Quite acceptable.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just for the record, I really enjoy playing with those "golden bonefish", but I hate what they do to the fisheries. I ain't a pathological killer. I just do my part to help the ecology by carp croakin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You do fine work.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#008000]Looks like glowing approval from that good looking happy dog underneath the carp tree.[/#008000]
[signature]
I think the big stick through the gills is a great way to give them a breathing treatment!
[signature]
hey kody this is a family site, no more nudity.now my son is running around in circles saying i have seen the (keg).
[signature]
Quote:[#0000ff]Just for the record, I really enjoy playing with those "golden bonefish", but I hate what they do to the fisheries. I ain't a pathological killer. I just do my part to help the ecology by carp croakin'.[/#0000ff]

That's exactly how I feel. Fun to catch, but so destructive. I'm glad they make good catfish bait and garden fertilizer. At least I can put them to use afterward.
[signature]
the fox, racoons, and eagles will be very thankful for the buffet, it will divert them from the pheasants, turkey and deer that run around down there.
[signature]
I have seen 10 year old kids with more common sense than you clowns. The carp are part of the system and have been since the beginning. The carp are a great source of food. People who throw carp and the bank, ought too be kicked in the nuts. The next people who happen to fish in the hole will have to smell those stinky things just as I have. Usually my friend and I who has a degree in fisheries ask what kind of morons throw carp on the bank. You guys are idiots that give fishing a bad name, grow up- and if carp destroy the fish on the Bear river why isn't there any proof. Fish are larger on average in this river in every species. I think the carp help. I might have behaved like this when i was twelve years old, in fact I did. Good to know that some people never grow up good work, impressive!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You can always tell an opinionated person. You just can't tell them very much.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not impressed with your ranting either. You should read your own stuff before racking on others.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is all in fun. Lighten up. Carp are not protected and are generally considered to be a destructive species. If you have opinions to the contrary, that is fine. Just don't try to force your own stupidity on others.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i am glad i made your day throwsomeback. Your response makes you sound like a 10 year old clown that needs to be kicked in the nuts. Temper, Temper!!!!
i think i will go on another carpathon trip, wanna go???
[signature]
I wish there were fewer carp in the system as well. I know they are way over populated. Stinky dead carp on the bank just isn't that appealing to whoever fishes in your spot next. I know that you guys are just having fun. I actually like carpathon's I just usually throw my fish back or use them for bait. You gys were just having fun, understandable. I don't want to sound like a 10 year old throwing a fit. Take it easy, and don't take my comments to heart. I think others probably see my "stupidity" as there opinion as well, even though you guys are trying to have fun. Like I said I have done thing s like this in the past so I can't complain too much. Sorry for ruffling your feathers.
Take it easy
[signature]
i guess it wouldent help things along if i were to say i used to shoot them in the head with my 380 or my 22 and then just let them sink would it?
[signature]
At least they wouldn't be rotting on the bank, and stinking up a fishing hole that way. When I said I did things like this when I was 12 this is what I was referring to, like shooting carp. Not too sure if shooting 380's into the water is legal or 22's. Pretty sure you have to use steel shot when shooting over water or river bottoms. Sounds like a decent sport though, it combines hunting and fishing, both things that I really like. Keep having fun, thats what it is all about anyway, that is why we hunt and fish.[Smile]
[signature]
My opinion is kill them but don't leave them on the bank . They just make a stinking mess . When I use to own dogs , for some reason they love to roll in them and come home stinking very bad . Just my .02 cents Curt G.
[signature]
Yeah I think you done good by killing them, but I would have to agree on the dont leave them on the bank. But heck if you're the one fishing there you have to smell it, not me lol.

Do what you want with carp, as long as they end up bloody, I dont mind!
[signature]
[quote throwsomeback] The carp are part of the system and have been since the beginning.[/quote]

Oh contrere mon frere! Carp are not native to Utah. They might be beneficial in a few cases, but generally they aren't worth much more than being made into fertilizer.

Yes they do stink...but so long as they are dead, I really don't mind them laying around.
[signature]
If you don't mind them laying around, where are some of your fav fishing holes. I will deposit a big stinky mess of them. Everyone loves the smell of dead rotting fish, give me a break. Carp are not native to utah but have been in the bear river for over 30 years, the river is producing close to record size walleye, big smallies, and monster cats, I think this has to do with the abundance of carp minnows. I know it doesn't hurt to kill some of the carp because they are way over populated, but don't throw the stinky things on the bank.
[signature]
i read some where, and im going to have to start looking for where i found it, that all carp now found in the US, can be traced back to a single pond in central PA. they were brought into the US for a food staple.

as far as me shooting, when i used to bring my pistol with me out in my pontoon in cali, i ALWAYS had steel slugs, and where i was fishing, they were more concerned about their meth labs then me shooting 10 or 15 carp a day in the head.
[signature]
Umm Luv the smell of rotting Carp early in the morning,
it smells like Victory[sly]
[signature]