Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Fishing Day Saturday
This coming Saturday (the 14th) is Free Fishing Day in Utah. I always try to take one or more people fishing who don't regularly purchase a fishing license. If you haven't already started this practice it can be most enjoyable.
[signature]
I'm with you kent I love to get people out to fish. if not there first time then just to get them going more. I love to show people how to do it (like you saw at the musky class) it makes me fill good that they learned something from me they can use.I did the scout leader thing for 9 years and love to show the boys that never have fished that it can be fun. most liked it and some didn't but thats ok. more people need to try to show others how, by doing that we will have a better chance of being able to keep fishing in the future.so lets all get someone new in to fishing before PETA gets to them.
[signature]
Generally I fish at night on this day to avoid the crowds . I use to hit the Green this time of year and just tear them up and also done a number on my finger with treble inbedded and big fish still on the rapala . Maybe I'll try it when i can see this year and less beer . At Pineview I have tried to introduce some of my fishing to others . I even set them up with jigs to use . Specially those that use powerbait . LOL
[signature]
I don't mind fishing on free fishing day. Sometimes it is cheap entertainment. I was out at Willard Bay last year fishing from shore when all of a sudden a big glob of powerbait came floating by.It is always interesting to see what people think will catch fish.If I could of found them, I would of gave them a heads up as what to use.But they must of gave up and went home, their was no one down shore from me.
[signature]
they prob caught their limit on powerbait and left you to toss your jigs . . .do we have to start putting down people on what they use for bait now? i guess using a nightcrawler makes one an 'uneducated angler' too right . . .

ohhhhhhhh pllllllleassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sm
[signature]
Powerbait on Willard? Now that's one cheap entertainment I would pay to see! I have never heard of wipers/walleyes eat gluttonious pink glob that we have come to know and love...
[signature]
I'm a wormer from way way back until I found fly fishing, never knock what works, its all fishing and havin fun, and that's what counts. I had never tried power bait until this spring when we went up the the creek by the wallsburg turn off during the trout spawn. Gave the pole to my daughter and let her have a ball, when she limited out it was my turn we each caught our limit kept only the big ones, including on big SMB in the wallsburg which was a suprise all on power bait. That smalley nearley pulled the pole out of my hands it hit so hard thought I had tire on the line. It was my first big bass about 16" long, boy was that fun.
[signature]
Hey nomoose----Glad to hear you were active with the scouts. I wasn't envolved quite as long as you were but I did make it about 5 years. I was the only troop in our district that when we registered for camps I would register 12 boys and 13 to 14 adults. We had such a good time the boys wanted to invite their uncles and cousins. And since you mentioned PETA, did you know they want the Boy Scouts to drop the fishing merit badge?
[signature]
Hey SM , I'm not a big fan of powerbait , but sometimes the powerbait out fishes me . LOL I been surprised at the number of people that use the stuff at Pineview . Granted it use to be a trout lake but they are few and far between now . Good old garden hackle (worms) is great too and I would suggest that at Pineview , I just prefer to fish artificials because I release most fish . I'm not trying to say my style is any better than anyone else . I just have seen many come to Pineview with no luck or floating fish near by . I don't understand the bass size thing at Pineview . Minimum bass size 15 " . Lots of the smaller fish will be caught before the big ones . I think they have lots of smallies in there . I feel they could keep the smaller ones and throw back the 15" plus .JMHO Lots of people that come to fish have no idea what the rules are either . I also try to help them with that too . Sometimes I don't know either because I don't keep any to worry about . Catching limits of fish is no big deal to me either , just being on the water is what it is all about to me .
[signature]
thanks alan I did love working with the scout and yes I heard that peta was trying to get fishing out also rifle and shotgun.whats next camping?anyway... and FYI to all I 've been with a friend that hooked cats and eyes at willard with pink power bait. it can work fish do use there nose to eat sometimes.now I'm not one to use it unless going after planter trout, so I dont use it much but hey it works. well I dont what to go off on the bait thing to much hope you all just fish with what you like and let people fish what they like, remember it's a free land until peta and others get there way.
[signature]
PERCH! PERCH! PERCH!
[signature]
I am a big fan of WORMS I always take them with me where ever I go.
[signature]
ahahahahaha

[cool]

sm
[signature]