Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Trip of The Year!!!
I took the boat out to Glendale lake on sunday for some pike action. Did not have to bad of a day! The pike seem like they still have a bit of lock jaw and they are being really lazy. I managed to hook up with 3 fish and my dad got 2. It seems like the smaller fish were the ones doing the biting. I guess the big ones need a little longer to warm and get there metabolism up and running. The ones we caught were between 17" and 22" long. Not big but still fun for the first trip out. We had a ton of followers that all seem to be bigger than the ones we caught. Some of them were really big in the 35" to 40"+ range. One had a head the size of my boot. We were using River2Sea S-Wavers, which are a really slow moving bait that with a steady retrieve they move in an "s" pattern. First time i used the bait and man the pike love it. So hopefully the next trip out we will get some of the bigger ones that were just following our baits.
[signature]
I got out again on Saturday and got skunked. Of course, that probably has more to do with my lack of skill than anything, lol! What I did find odd was that there was a hatch of black stone flies going off but absolutely nothing going on on the surface, never saw a single rise in two spots.
[signature]
Humm that is weird! A hatch and nothing trying to eat them!!!! Well the only thing i can figure is that maybe someone came the day before and caught all of the fish out of them 2 spots lol. Thats just crazy not seeing a single rise.
[signature]