Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon road open?
The one between jeremy ranch and there? ANY help would be great. I am planning on fishing the creek....
[signature]
I dove it a couple of weeks ago and it was open, snow packed and had been plowed. Someone has been maintaining it this winter. A very nice and scenic winter drive. I do believe the creek through there is mostly private property, except for the small section that is a state park and part of the Mormon Pioneer Trail.
[signature]
Good enough. I will go have a looksy soon. I will take a trash bag and pick up trash along the "private river" as I fish it. [cool] HB 187 was defeated so as long as there is SOME access, I will fish it.
[signature]
Good on 'ya fer takin along a trash bag. I always do the same and I bet many on this Board do as well.

While it's still a bummer, I actually think littering has become less of a problem over the years.

I just got back from the Mojave. As I was driving all 'dem dirt roads, I remarked on how the occasional empty can was just that: occasional. Still came out with a trash bag full of stuff, but it was liveable.
[signature]
Respectful fisherman are fishing the "Club" on the middle weber and it is not harming anyone. I appreciate the info on the deep corner holes. That has kept me out of some places already. Last summer I was in water up to my armpits thinking, "is this really worth it" haha. Its all about respect. There is NO way I am harming anyone by catching and releasing a state resource on state water. I think a club owner would be happy to see a guy picking up trash left by others. Its already happening on the victory ranch.
[signature]
Unless you have information i don't, reading the ruling of the supreme courdoes not verify or explain your post. Please get me a copy of your findings. The ruling didn't mention "high water mark" or "club waters" or anything else along that line. It did mention "lawfull" activities and in my memory it was all about public access. A fishing "Club" is in my mind no different th a private landowner and just that regulated by the mentioned ruling. It is all about respect, i have met many Landowners fully unaware of the ruling (that i carry a copy off in my vest) and shared it with a couple. I have yet to get or be disrespected but i inturn respect the land where i 'm at. Just cause i don't pad the pockets of clubs does it mean i can't fish that strech. Just be sure of your access and exit and respect the landowner and you'll be fine.

If i'm wrong "please" provide a correction..Thanks
[signature]

[signature]