Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat insurance
I need to get liability only insurance on my boat. It is a '76 Bayliner open bow. 18' long. I/O
I was just going to throw it on with my auto insurance salesman, but I thought I would check around and see how much other people are paying. I hate getting ripped off. I am lazy, so this is easier than shopping around.
[signature]
Boats US, have good prices and insure older boats.
[signature]
After having had 5 different policys with different companys I get the most bang for my buck with State Farm.
I would highly recomend staying away form All State. Had a claim with them for impact damage and they wouldn't pay up. (got to love UL)
Cost me $6000.00 out of my pocket [mad][mad][mad]
[signature]
Won't insure a boat that age.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I checked with Boat U.S. and they quoted me 146.00 for the entire year. I am still waiting for my auto/homeowners insurance agent to call me back with his quote, but Boat US looks pretty good.

this quote was full coverage
[signature]
Callprogressive my boat is only 2 years older and i pay only $100.00 a year. Never hurts to shop around. As of state farm they are just as bad as all state i had a claim and i had to go all the way to their main offfice in illoinois to get my claim pad. Go with what you think is best for you. Take a safety boating course and they will reduce your insurance.
[signature]
Boats will be cheaper, my insurance Allstate wanted $1000 a year coverage and I got it thru Boats for $330
[signature]
I think I will give Progressive a call also. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Haven't had a claim with State Farm (hope I never do, but who knows).
My policy.
Full coverage
$300,000 liability coverage
No deductable on glass
$500 deductable on comprehensive
$10,000 dollar writer for contents

I pay $128.00 a year.

I guess every one has a horror story about their experiance with one company or another. Mine just happened to be with Allstate
[signature]
I have all my insurance with Allstate, so I checked with them on boat insurance when I had to get it. My boat is a 78 Starcraft and they only charge me $26 a year for liability. I have never had a claim with them for my boat but I have had several claims on my home and they have paid every time with no hassle. Progressive wanted $126 for the same coverage.
[signature]
thanks for the info wh2. I am only looking for liability, so I will keep that number in mind while shopping around.
[signature]
i am paying $80/yr with american family full coverage with a $1500 ryder on my fishing equipment. haven't made a claim but i could set my policy the way i wanted it.[fishin]
[signature]
Thats a good price for full coverage, what year is your boat? WH2
[signature]
81 16' bass boat
[signature]