Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossbows
The state of Michigan has just recently approved the use of crossbows for deer hunting in my area. I used to only legal for disabled hunters but now they are opening it up to all hunters.

So here is my question. I'm interested in getting one but I've heard a lot of conflicting stories about them.

Manufactures claim accurate up to 60 yards but I've heard from hunters that the bows are to slow and very loud and even though they may be accurate by the time the bolt gets there the deer are gone because of the noise.

I've seen them on ebay for anywhere between $100 to $400. Most claim intial bolt speed 215fps.

So I know there HAS to be some crowsbow hunters out there. Someone give me the scoop. Is it worth getting a crossbow or just stick with a good compound bow?

I was leaning towards the crossbow because I always seem to get caught (Spotted) by deer during my draw back.

Thanks !!!!

Mike
[url "mailto:ktmbudd@yahoo.com"]ktmbudd@yahoo.com[/url]
Wish I could help you out on this one but I have no experience either. I would be interested myself to see what feedback comes in on this topic.
[signature]
I don't know about a 60 yd. shot with a x-bow , I don't think the math is there for a shot like that .
I have seen Xbows listing speeds over 320 fps.
Maybe for short range shots they would work well i'm thinking but i'll do a little research and get back to you on this .
[signature]
i love mine, i have a pse viper copperhead with a 1x scope - red dot - we tested it at 333fps off the bow - my bro gave it to me for a b-day present, he sighted it in, i shot it twice, dead center at 15 and 30 yards into a target - put the next one thru a young buck . . its just badass . . and it gets a guy like me who doesnt want to do the compound thing into the woods in aug/sept

sm
[signature]