Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Insurance Question
I have an old 1978 Sears flat bottom boat that I was able to register this week thanks to all of your advice in your previous threads. Personally, Utah sure makes it tough to license and register things so I appreciate all of you leading me in the right direction.

This little boat is only 12' long and I run an electric motor on the back. Do I need insurance on the boat to be legal in Utah? Seems silly to get insurance on something so small but I want to be legal!

Chad Miller
[signature]
No, you only need insurance for a boat that has a 50 horse power or bigger.
[signature]
Thanks Bluemohawk. Guess I'm ready to get out and see if I can find some walleye up shallow!

Chad Miller
[signature]
Good luck, be careful watch the wind in that boat. Are you taking it on Willard?
[signature]
Trust me.....in a 12' boat....and I tend to error on the side bank fishing. Smile I took the boat out on Utah Lake over the weekend and managed to hit some spots around the marinas. When that wind started coming up, the boat was already on the trailer. I've been in some precarious situations tournament fishing in a 21' Ranger.....there is no way I will go down in a 12' John Boat! lol

Chad Miller
[signature]