Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redington Crosswater
Well,
Instead of purchasing a rod for steelhead fishing in Salmon, id, I could also end up living on the wind river in dubois, wy. I am just going to upgrade my trout outfit. Right now I use a martin rod, which was probably 5 dollars at a garage sale, but it catches fish. Lately I have been looking at the redington line of rods, and came across the crosswater. I could get the rod in a 9' 5 wt for 59, or get the combo in the same setup for 99 dollars. does anybody know anything about these rods? I have read a few reviews about them and they seem good for somebody who has not been fishing long but would still like quality. Anything to help is appreciated
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Hi there SdDryFly and thanks for dropping in. Redington makes a good product as does all the major manufacturers. $59 is a good value for the Crossroad as the SRSP is $80. Here is a bit of data on that rod.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[#3a6386]Description:
[/#3a6386]Redington Crosswater Fly Rod

Value doesn't have to be at the expense of performance.

The popular Crosswater family has been completely redesigned for 2007 with a new look and updated actions. The Crosswater is a spectacular all-around performance rod that is perfect for the entry level angler, or the avid angler who needs to add to their quiver and for anyone who isn't ready to spend a lot of money on a fly rod. But don't let the price fool you. Crosswater rods still have the same commitment to performance and dependability that we build into all of our rods so you can rest assured you're getting one of the best values on the water today.

More Crosswater Details:

* Wood reel seat with silver-colored anodized aluminum hardware on freshwater models (handle A) and corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum hardware on saltwater models (handle B)
* 34-million modulus graphite
* Silicone carbide stripping guides
* AA grade cork handle
* 2- and 4-piece outfits available.
[#3a6386]
[/#3a6386]
[signature]
PHEWWWW, Dry Rod said a mouth full[laugh]

There are some rods made for the MIDDLE budget as in allot of other things.
I think Redington is one of the best. Asian made sure but they do seem to put more attention in their rods. They were owned by Orvis, and now they are owned by the same company that owns Sage. I don't think either one of these companies would have given them a second look if they weren't worth it.
9' 5wt is a good start. Just remember, if and WHEN you hook a double digit fish, fight with the butt of the rod, not the tip. I have seen 24" fatties landed with a 1 weight.
Good luck, and either spot sounds great! Although I would have picked the Salmon, but that is just me...LOL.
I have caught the Biggest Trout I think I will ever get so time to shoot for a new species.[Wink]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][blush]Oops that wasn't the way I entered the info. Where is Mac when I need him?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
i know alot of people who swore by st-croix and are now using redingtons .there main reason is they do alot of salmon fishing bellow the dams this is very hard on rods but the redingtons are tough enough to handle it..ive seen alot of good rods meet there demise during salmon seasons..
[signature]