Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 World Records
Hey Ya'll.. got some exciting news... Two of the fish I have caught here in Iraq were certified as World Records! Get sent to the Desert and catch record fish.. who knew [Wink] The Aspius Vorax I caught on the 25th of December is the all tackle record and the Mangar I caught on the 5th of March is the Fly fishing record for this species... I have been pretty tied up at work and haven't had much internet time but I just wanted to share [Wink] Here's the fish...

Aspius Vorax, 25"
[Image: 25inch_Aspius_Vorax-1.jpg]

Mangar 34"
[Image: 34in_Mangar-1.jpg]

Gonna keep tryin to break these but I really can;t wait to get home to chase some record redfish [Wink]

Ken
[signature]
Nice job Buddy. Thanks for your service. I was there in 91 and sure am glad I don't have to go back.

Be safe and take care, Todd...
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Way to go Nikonjedi. BTW on our sister site I have the phrase "Fishing can be good even in the desert" in my signature. As you say who knew. LOL. Thanks again for the pics & congratulations on the record catches.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
That's amazing bro!!!
Thanks for your service and sharing such greatness with us. Those are some cool looking fish. Look like a mix of a snook and a redfish. I bet they fought real hard. You deserve it my friend.

check out my site
migrod.citymax.com
[signature]
Right On! I say that is taking a bad situation and making it.......FANTASTIC!!!
[signature]
all I can say is AWESOME.. and congrats.. now that is something to write home about.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
when and where in 91 were you there??

MacFly
[signature]
VFA-151, USS Midway, F/A-18's in the Persian Gulf mostly, dodging Silkworms, Exocets, and mines. AUgust '90 - May '91.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
I was on the Merrill in 91.. we were with the Lincoln BG until we detached and became the support ship for the mine counter measures ops going up in the npg..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Way to go! and thanks for your service. I also was there in 91'. USMC 2nd MTBT support for the Army and their M1A1's. I never had the chance to fish over there, but I reallyyyyyyyy wanted to. The persian gulf looked awsome. Living in a fox hole 200 miles from the coast did not give many opportunitys to fish.
[signature]
right on that is awsome. i'm truely truely gratfull for you bein over there and servin your country you are a true american. i know that there is a lot of people who don't support what you guys are doin for them so i want to say THANK YOU
[signature]