Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Always wear eye protection, graphic pics
Dont let this happen to you or anyone fishing with you....
[signature]
OHHHH MMMAANNN!!!! that just goes to show, be careful who your fishing next to........LOL I have never seen or heard of an actual eyeball hook. Now I feel a little more sorry for the occasional fish that takes a treble in the eye. Also it probably will help get the word spread on using barbless hooks. I would not wish that on anybody!!!!
[signature]
Bad JuJu, I always wear glassed and try to wear a wide brimmed hat hen possible. OUCH!!![pirate]
[signature]
That is crazy stuff. I was wading with a buddy during the white bass spawn at Utah Lake and took a Blue Fox spinner just above my eyebrow. Bloody and five stitches later. He hooked up on a fish and then the next thing I knew blood was running down my face. Bad luck I guess.
[signature]
Makes me want to go put some safety glasses on right now
[signature]
Did the guy lose his eye or the vision?
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
I got a email this morning with those pics... dont know nothing else....
[signature]
It happened last year.[cool]
[signature]
I was thinking more like 2-3 years ago/ I had seen that guy, and a bunch of others on a similar post. I'll see if i saved them. I also have a bunch of archery ones if interested...Oh sorry for the sqimish hearted...
[signature]
I'm not going to say who it was, because I don't want her to feel guilty or think I'm really mad... in fact, I think it's kind of funny, even though I shouldn't since it could've been dangerous.

I was fishing with some friends once. Minding my own business, crouched down while I baited my hook. All of a sudden *thwap!* on the side of my forehead! The girl was a little too close to me, when she casted! The hook just gave me a little poke, but that was it. It was at my hairline, though a couple inches down and I might be in that poor guy's situation!
I think I was wearing sunglasses, so I might have been safe anyway. And a hat definitely would've been good protection.
[signature]
I meant it was posted last year.[blush]
[signature]
It seems like you can always seem to catch something on a Jake's lure.
[signature]
Was that your fishing buddy?Your always talking about eye fishing?.........................................................................[Smile]

Next time I go fishing I'll keep an eye out for you.............[Wink]

Last year I double hooked my index and middle finger.The large treble hook was sank to the bone.My fingers was hooked together.After about 5 hours and a lot of pushing and pulling,twisting and tearing it came out.
Man that sucked..Looks like it could of been worse.......[:/]

Rapalas R rated G for everyone...........................[fishin]
[signature]
did anybody get a picture of the guy who did this id think we all should have fair warning if were neer him..
[signature]
People are blinded every year in Alaska, where a lot of anglers intentionally snag fish, regardless of the law. They're pulling heavy sinkers, and when a fish comes unhooked, sometimes that sinker becomes a bullet. I understand that more guys are hit in the eyes by sinkers than wounded by hooks. Some have lost eyes even when they have been wearing glasses.
[signature]
i was fishing next to guy last fall that slit his cheek wide open with a one ounce cannonball..my buddy got hit in the back off the head latter that day..i almost knocked him out ...he didnt think it was funny either..
[signature]

"It seems like you can always seem to catch something on a Jake's lure."

LMAO [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
"Bad" archery accident...Timid should look away....Story say the boy lived,I assume blinded in 1 eye...Makes me shoot a lot more carefully...

Todd
[signature]