Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I really enjoy reading your posts and getting information about Fishing in Idaho.

I grew up in the Idaho Falls area and spent alot of my time fishing the Henry's Fork, Teton River, Fall River, Birch Creek and Willow Creek. But I fell in love with the South Fork of the Snake. I spend most of my time fishing below PaliSades Dam and also on various floats from Conant Landing to Menan. I started out as a spin fisherman while a teenager and have slowly converted to a flyfisherman over the past 20 years. Although, I still carry spinning gear everytime I'm on the water. My oldest son has finally taken a keen interest in fishing so now I find even more time to be on the water.

The past few years I have expanded my sojourns for good fishing. I have spent alot of time on the Blackfoot and Portneuf rivers recently and also started fishing the Snake near my home in Bingham County and have come to regret not doing this years ago. For the past 6 years I have also made annual pilgrimages to Salmon (the orchard hole) for steelheading. I enjoy all types of fishing and really enjoy the challenge it brings. I will post my fishing successes and failures here to hopefully share useful information in the form of trip reports.

I look forward to getting to know you.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Firth and thanks for taking the time to sign up. I see you have already found the Idaho forum but we also have a [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Fly_Fishing_Forum_C69/"]fly fishing board[/url] if you are interested.
Great introduction, we hope you enjoy your time on BFT.
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there FirthFM and welcome to our membership. Fly fished some of those area that you had mention. Did okay on the Teton around Tetonia & Driggs. But didn't do much on the South Fork near Swan Valley. The CFS was more than I care to handle. BTW here is a flow chart for your part of the country. Stop by the fly forum and say hi. We have several folks that frequent the Idaho waters.
[/size][/#008000][/font][url "http://www.idwr.idaho.gov/water/supply/riverflow.htm"]Idaho_flow_chart[/url]
[signature]