Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions?
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]There aren't not too many places to fish within a ½ hours drive of my house except pay & play lakes and three regional parks. So I headed out for a local lake that was just stocked on Monday, more so to do a little casting practice and if the fish Gods permitted a bit of C&R. The power bait junkies were having good success but not yours truly. After floating a few dries, I switched to nymphing. Nada. Anyone been successful with the scenario that I mentioned? Maybe I might have to tie a fly that resembles a PB.[/size][/#008000][/font] [font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Any patterns that comes to mind?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
hmmmmm pb would be hard to imitate.. maybe a salmon egg pattern.. or I know FG has a good "corn" fly.. and "bread" fly..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
i dont have a good pattern but pb does stick to a fly really good[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey Mac I took liberties with your recipe and made a batch of corn fritters. Only had one problem, it was lunch time soI ate them all. How about that for a fishy tale [tail] or what ever. LOl[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline CF.jpg]
[signature]
sounds good to me.. too bad you didnt catch any fish.. we could of had a fish fry.. [laugh]

MacFly
[signature]
It is all about the fly. Are you trying the indicator and suspending the fly?
I would try a 9 foot leader, put a nymph on and maybe a second one a foot up of different size or even different nymph, set the indicator at 5' and work from there.
I have had many a days on the put and take ponds that I was making the bait casters mad. You can do it. I would be concerned about copying color or size as it is the smell which a fly doesn't have so give them something different.
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Yes I was using an indicator but it was for nought as I left my floaten at home. Had the indicator set about 4' up as I estimated the water to be about 5' deep at the point I was casting to. Thanks FGD will give some of those suggestions a try. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I hear ya there, flygodess. Ive been down to willow a few times this spring when I get an hour or two to kill and the fishing is pretty easy thowing a water boatmen and a chironomid under an indicator.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][inline "glo ball 005.jpg"][Image: happy.gif]Put together a few of these Glo Balls thinking that the planters seem to like power bait. This one has a bit of wire tied on and others not. Will give these a go Tuesday.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
my reply would be drink a beer and keep trying and that glo-ball might have helped me yesterday on the salmon. My other would be have a beer and fish some more. Last if you don't drink ,fish more and have fun trying.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Since I don't drink any brew until the warm weather settles in, will a martini or two be okay?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
yep. you can even have one for me.
[signature]
when it is cold Crown seems to take the chill away. so buy a bottle of two of coke. drink part of it on the way up and filler up. that always works. then people don't give you dirty looks for drinkin. (everybody has got them to bad nobody cares if we get them)lol so yeah
[signature]