Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo River (Report)
I fished the section of the Provo where it meets the "lake section" of the river last night from 6:30-8:00. I don't know what else to call that section. The parking lot/access is on the north side of the river about 1 1/2 mi -2 mi. upstream from the State Park.

I threw chartreuse woolley buggers and prince nymphs to no success. I didn't see any signs of bluegills up that far as of yet [Sad].

The biggest benefit is that I met Fishaddict1. He too was going for bluegill. I'll let him report on his success, or lack thereof.

Hey Fishaddict1! Did you catch anything after I left????

ES
[signature]
I got skunked. All that wind wasn't helping just a little after you left I went down to lindon boat harbor and fished for just under an hour. I hooked into a mudcat on a crank but that was it. I did meet smallmouthchaser down there and he gave me some good tips for bass that I am anxious to go try them (hopefullly tomorrow) but that was it. smallmouthchaser is a good guy it was good to meet both of you and we will have to head out fishin some time.[cool]
[signature]
That wind was nasty. It was nice to meet you as well. I've often wondered how many people I've talked to from BFT and never knew it.

To the Guest poster, Yes, we were down by the Utah Lake section of the Provo River. I could have been more specific. I forgot that the Provo dumps into at least 2 other big bodies of water[blush].

See you on the water!

ES
[signature]