Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer creek 5-11
had the day off work and decided i would go kill some carp today, then road came home and said lets go tuin deer creek today, so i said ok and we were off. well it was really windy to start off with so we did some shore fishing on the island, i would have landed one SMbass, but road had a snag and walked under my line when i set the hook on the fish so his line was then in the way, the fish got to the line when i was waiting for road to get out of the way he got off, o well. no further fish until i decided i would rather go out in the tube and not catch anything then sit and not catch anything so i said later and headed in to where i had left my tube on the beach. when i put my waders on some little boys came running over to see what in the world i was doing, i showed them my tube and where everything goes on it and they were fascinated by it all. i then pushed of and the little boys followed me out in the water until the water was up to their head and turned around. i was lindy rigging across the bottom out by the island and got a few bites but failed to hook up. i then go out to the point of the island and let the wind drift me, that is when i hooked into my first walleye, i got him in and while i was reachingback to grab my net he got off[Sad]. I then casted back out and about 4 seconds later I hooked into a 24 inch rainbow, it sure was a pretty fish. i was using a floating jig head road had gave me, and the trout swalloed the whole thing so i had to let go of the jig head and cut the fish free. fished for about 1 more hour and headed in with only one more bite.

all in all better than a day at work.
[signature]
Fishboy congrates on hooking up with your first walleye, did that last week!!![cool] I am addicted now!!! Sounds like a nice rainbow. I am hoping to get back up to Deer Creek sometime next week to catch me dinner!!!
[signature]
hey polo ypu float right? i will be heading up on saturday, may not have my tube but i would sure love to have it up there. you are welcome to join me.
[signature]
If you guys were sitting on the point of the island I was out in front of you in the red and white boat. I caught 4 walleye in that area before leaving. Caught maybe 10 or 12 before leaving at 2:00. After loading my boat and getting it road ready I saw a tube out where I had been fishing must have been you.
[signature]
You weren't the only tuber out there before you guys got there, there were two tubers in that same area for along time and the wind was rocking.
[signature]
o that was me poncho, looks like you figured that out though. I did not see any other tubers out there when i was out though, wish i had seen ya, cause then i could have called you over and gottin some walleye tips, hehehe. i was in the right area though, i was getting bites till i lost my floating jig heads, that is when my bites stopped.
[signature]
And just think he made fun of me for using them LOL [sly] I see FishBoy running to sportsmans for some new floating jig heads. BTW all they were white in color.
[signature]