Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speaking about leaders
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Say FGD have found several locations on-line that discuss and visually show how to make a furled leader. Seems like one has to read the instructions several times to get the hang of what the heck they are trying to say. Any particular site that you found useful? [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Have never tried it yet but found this site while doing a little research. Seems pretty detailed.

[url "http://www.furledleaders.co.uk/pdf/how-to-make-a-furled-leader.pdf"]Link
[/url]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Thanks tlspyder, the illustrations are clear & concise. BTW for the benefit of others your link is permissible as it is deemed "educational" in nature which is acceptable under the BFT's guideline.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Awesome link. One thing to remember, there are allot of variables. The pegs in different positions for different lengths and tapers, but this is a good starting point.
Also, when making the simple loop at the start or at the finish....the bigger or longer the loop, that too changes the taper.

I have about 5 different formulas that work really well for me and TROUT. In 5', 5 1/2' and 6' lengths.

Also material! I prefer UNI 6/0 Thread. It is very soft and no memory. I also use a new item called UNI MONO in 4m and 7m.
I do know some that make them out of regular MONO, but they end up very big and not as flexible. You really need to use 2lb if this is what you want to do. Any bigger will make a HUGE leader.
Another thing that is great is Coats and Clark's .005 Nylon, which you can get at any fabric store. That makes really nice leaders.

I learned from a very good DVD put out by Kathy Scott, but I have grown and added allot of my own knowledge to them. Good source for learning the SHORB loop.
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Thanks all for the feed back.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]