Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morel Mushroom time ?
It must be because beefstakes and morels come up in the same season .
This is what sprouted up today .
[signature]
dont know how your finding morell up there, the ground is still fronzen down here, ya we have had a couple worm days, but nothing to thaw the ground out.

on top of wich we are getting 6 inches of snow tonight
[signature]
i went to my favorite spot yesterday didnt find anything..beefsteaks are good to..
[signature]
at the time of this post, it is twilight, and we are getting snow flakes the size of wattermellons. Dodging Lightning bolts. [shocked] 6 inches and still falling.!!!.....
[signature]
at the time of the post i was on the river with my son it was 40 degrees we didnt get any of that snow. im just luckey that way we also landed 6 fish...id bet money those mushrooms were not found in this state???
[signature]
Yep , right in my backyard !
When we left last week there was a foot of snow in the yard and the driveway was covered in ice . Now the driveway is a mud bog and shroons are everywhere .
We were suposed to get an inch of snow today but nothing yet , I hear flint recived 10" of snow today .
[signature]
you got to admit its a little fishy..you gone for a week and come back with these pictures..i believe you but did have reoson to wonder..howed you get em up before us down here i want to know the secret?
[signature]

[signature]
I had to do this in 2 posts but heres the crop with my shed and house in the background in the first 2 pics but , that 3rd. pic that's the crop i'll be looking for next month [cool].
Why are the growing ? I don't know but they come up every year .
I wouldn't have belived it myself that they were out this early .
[signature]
the blacks will be up pretty soon ill have lots of pictures then...be carefull with the beefsteaks some people have been known to have alergic reactions to them..a guy i work with ate them for years then got very ill from eating them 1 time spent a day in the hospital...
[signature]
i finnally found some morrals there small and not alot of them but success non the less..here a pic..
[signature]
I was out lookin fryday and today, nothing,

I was digging in the neighbors yard fryday and the ground was thawed, but when I tried to dig in my yard yesterday it was still frozen...[crazy]
[signature]
when the wild onions and the early bulb plants start popping up then i know the ground is good..beats digging in the neighbors yard..we did have alittle warmer wether here...
[signature]
Well I was out looking for shrooms again today, found two more big piles of snow. they was as big around as a VW Beatle.

Did see lots of trout...[cool]
[signature]
The blacks are popping up all over the state !
keep your eyes peeled .
[signature]
i see them when i close my eyes.. i think ive been hunting em to long need a break..
[signature]
Well, I was back at the dam on the huron river this afternoon at proud lake recreation area, I had a meet with the people "Peggy" from havener canoe rental about t\heir haunted attraction "panic at proud lake"

after the rain storm / wind and hail passed though, prolonging my attendance I went out and looked for those elusive shrooms to again no avail.... could be I am not hitting the right spot or I am miss hitting...

I did get back to the dam where we fished last night, still a few trout in the river... some monster carp came in to pick up on the corn every one has been tossing in to foil the next angler...[crazy]
[signature]
O.K. Dave , there's our billion doller idea for the day .
A corn kernel fly .
I've never come across that fly recipe yet .
A little yellow foam as a floater fly (doubles as a strike indicator )and some yellow yarn as a drop fly , interesting combo don't you think ?
[signature]
there starting to find blacks 10 miles north of mt pleasent..this is an up yo date report..time to start looking up there..i got 120 today a mixture of blacks and whites..
[signature]
nice these are some i got the other day ..we got 30 today ...2 nice blonds ill post them soon as i get time
[signature]