Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crayfish migration...
when i was younger i would go to a local creek by me at nite and fish..when you would shine the lite in the watter you would see crayfish floating downstream just under the surface ..i thought they were dead untill i grabed one ...he pinched me pretty good..definatly not dead..a guy told me latter thats how they migrate from one part of the stream to another..ive only seen this at nite..has anybody else seen this..and was the guy right??
[signature]
I have no idea. but wanted to share a funny story.

When my family moved to texas in 01. I went along to help them drive all the cars and get settled. 2 days after we got there it rained like nothin an Idaho boy had ever seen and thats no lie. I think we got 12 inches in 2 days. The day after it stopped we noticed something red walking across the lawn so my younger brothers went out after it they brought back with what we thought was a "LOBSTER"!!! We couldnt believe it we called some family that lived in the area and they laughed hystericaly at us and explained to us what it was. But being stubborn we were sure it was a lobster we just couldnt believe it had rained lobsters. We went out and gathered a couple more up and saved them to show our relatives. To this day i cant believe how big those crayfish were they were probly 6 or 7 inches long and a couple inches wide. To this day i still catch hell about those fresh water "lobsters"
[signature]
proboly to big for bait...i bet they would taste good though
[signature]