Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Big is this Dolphin ?
[font "Calibri"]Ok, so just how big is this Bull Dolphin ?? Here are the LEGITIMATE measurements. 54 inches long and 34 inches in girth. Let’s see how close you guys can get to the actual weight of this fish.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] We have been getting at least one dolphin this size on our trips this past week, with the majority averaging between 15 and 30 lbs. This however was the biggest Dolphin of the season. Let’s just say it ate a very large Marlin Lure !!!!![/font]
[font "Calibri"] We were able to get out today and the Dolphin bite was pretty good. While we were targeting Blue Marlin, we managed to boat several big Dolphin. If you find a Frigate Bird, you will find a big Dolphin. This Dolphin was exceptionally large and I’m wondering how many will get its actual weight. It was HUGE !!![/font]
[font "Calibri"] If you get out there and can pull big stuff, you will usually get larger fish. That is our general philosophy. You may not get as many bites, but the ones you do get, will count, without a doubt.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] We continue to look for the big fish and it has paid off so far. The weather is looking very good for the next few days, so we will be very busy. We are booked nearly every day with multiple trips going at the same time. This gives us the advantage of spreading out and finding the fish in different areas.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] Each day gets better and we look forward to spreading the lines each time. It’s usually better than the previous day !!![/font]
[font "Calibri"] Keep’m Tight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/font]
[font "Calibri"]Captain Kevin M. Deiter[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Kevin@reelcandyfishing.com[/font]
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]For those that may have taken a shot at this dolphin’s weight, I will let you know. It weighed exactly 60 lbs on a 60 lb scale ! It was caught by Captain Marvin’s and his wife (the “Real”) Candy’s fourteen year old son Eric. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] Eric did an awesome job on the rod and kept the line tight the whole time this fish fought. It put on a fantastic aerial display right at the back of the boat and we were fortunate to have captured the entire fight on all of the cameras. Great job Eric ![/font]
[font "Calibri"] This was the biggest dolphin we have gotten this year and yes, we were getting at least one fish a trip that has been 45 lbs plus, prior to the full moon. We got another one the day prior to this fish that was 50 lbs.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] No, it doesn’t happen every day like some may say, but lately for us, we have been very fortunate to have run into these bruisers. We have several trips coming up this week, so I will keep you all posted.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Tight Lines ![/font]
[font "Calibri"]Captain Kevin M. Deiter[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Kevin@reelcandyfishing.com[/font]
www.reelcandyfishing.com
[signature]
G'day mate.. thats one hell of a big bully!!! great catch! Im from western australia and as far as i know we dont get any around these parts but i enjoyed checkin out ur pics!!
happy fishin'
rob, fom land down under
[signature]
Rob,

Thank you for your comments. We are fortunate in this part of the world to have such a great fishery.
We are coming into the height of our Billfish season and it is shaping up very well so far. We will be fishing numerous Marlin tournaments over the next couple months, so I will keep the reports and pictures coming.

Tight Lines !!
[signature]