Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LAke Information
HI
I am from the SLC Utah Area and have a Brother that now lives in Townsend MT out side of Helena MT.
[#ff0000]My ? is.[/#ff0000]
there is a Large lake or Dam that is between Townsend and Helena on the east side of the road going from Townsend to Helena, does this lake have fish, and does any one fish there?, I have a boat and would like to take my brothers kids out fishing (They have never been fishing) Any information would be nice THANKS,[fishin]
[signature]
That lake is called Canyon Ferry Lake. It is a popular recreation lake. Yes, there is fish in there although I don't fish it. The Montana Fish and Game heavily stock the lake....and the Rainbows can get pretty big. There are marinas with boat rentals if you don't want to haul your boat all the way up there.

[url "http://www.kimsmarina.com"]www.kimsmarina.com[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the info, The kids have never put a worm on a hook, (something every kid needs to experence) sounds like trout is the big fish in there.
I am from Utah and the Utah BFT forum is so big I am not used to a small responce however it is more personalable, this way, THANKS again for the info.
[signature]