Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tackle Boxes
I am currently designing and building wooden tackle boxes. They however are not your normal wooden tackle box. They are light weight, strong, have the highest quality stainless hardware as well as composite material and they are color matched to your custom wrapped rods. Mine, for instance is stained black with inlayed yellow and purple wood to match my custom wrapped rods. They are very functional with slide-in rod holders on the side and they are locking. I would be interested in knowing what the thoughts are on a "high end" tackle box like this. Thanks<br><br>
Hello,<br><br>I would be interested in talking to you about marketing and selling them.Do you have pics?<br><br>tight lines<br><br>islandhopper
FN<br><br>Sounds like some really hard work has gone into designing them.<br><br>As the devils advocate (demon that is), do you consider them to be water proof/resistant? <br><br>Knowing where tackle boxes end up, it's probably the first Q many anglers will ask. <br><br>Burnin Thumbs!<br><br>Steve B <br>Moderator Lures/Baits Forum<br><A HREF="http://www.demonjigs.com" target="_new">http://www.demonjigs.com</A>
Steve<br>Thanks for the thought and question.<br><br>You are absolutely right, and it will be very water resistant. I'm using the best polyurethane coating I can find and sealing it very well inside and out. It won't match that of a plastic box but it should be good for many years of use with little care. I will also build some type of warranty into it and was thinking of offering a refinishing service at a very reasonable price on boxes that are outside the warranty period.<br><br>Thanks for your response.<br><br>Dave<br><br>
With the rite marketing, I think there are still plenty folks that Appreciate a Good Wooden Tackle Box.<br>Ya really need to research where to find them though… Big $$$’s compared to the plastic & soft ones around now a day…<br>Message boards like this are a good start but ya still have to go in person & Show your stuff to the Tackle Shops, landings, any place that might have the kind of traffic you need to get sales.<br><br>QUALITY is the most important thing with this kina thing, `aside from ascetics, they do have to look good too, as well as being Functional.<br><br>If you could put up a picture on the net so we & others can see them, that would help.<br>There are a number of web sites that let ya post your pictures, if ya can scan them, mo beta but some will do that for you if ya send them a picture if you don’t have the stuff ta do it yourself.<br><br>With the refinishing, if you are willing to refinish `Other boxes than your own, refitting hardware would be great, that would help a lot to get the word out & bring customers…<br><br>Good Luck, post a link or picture when ya get one.<br><br><b><font color=red>Aloha</b></font color=red><br><br>Dan<br>Stand Up!!!<br><br><A HREF="http://www.fishingkauai.com" target="_new"> Stand Up Fish`N Charters Kauai Hawai </A> <br>[Wink]