Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore Fishing
Hey everyone! I am new to the site and I am trying to get some tips for lae mead shore fishing. I only know one spot to catch fish and that is past Echo Bay. I am sure that there is a place much closer but I just don't know it. Any information that can help me on my endless journey to catch fish will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Stevland
Near Calville Bay, drive towards Calville turn south on the first paved road on your right as you drive towards the water. A camp ground should be on your right, drive to where the road is blockd then park in the dirt. Since the lake dropped the walk has increased, but walk down the wash to the lake. You will be in the back of water barge cove. Only a fraction of the cove is left but it has several protected pockets and some crazy structure under water still. During the summer prevailing winds will blow into it pushing masses of shad into it and everything comes a lookin for them. Right now expect large mouth and small mouth mainly with a few cruisin stripers passin by. I use to walk a float tube down and night fish this cove as well, and it is still used as a tournament dump sight for releasing fish after weigh ins. Due to the longer walk now few people fish this spot from shore anymore. Good luck just one of my old favorite spots.
[signature]