Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nelson lake update
drove out there yesterday creek is open now but running like the missouri river! its pretty bad there were trees and stuff like that floating all over in the lake and the water is like chocolate syrup and very high. didnt even try fishing. looks like a week b4 it will calm down again than it should be really good after that. on the flipside been catching lots of walleyes in the river! [Smile] swithing gears for a few days as the river is all messed up also now so gonna go to the big lake in search of monster pike!
[signature]
sounds like a good time on the river.
I went out to nelson yesterday and had my first perfect day of weather of the year. I've never seen it so calm out there.
but to my diSadvantage the water was chocolate milk my the discharge, so i went to the other side off the road by all the rocks and pulled in a bass at 4 pounds on a jig n pig. i'll post a pic later on of it.
[signature]
cool! good job was the water crap over there also? im gonna hit it again after the water calms down some
[signature]
[Image: p_5b1f5be4df529443e4a5c5c420dd0bd3.jpg]
I went all the way to the other side by the other dam thing back in the corner and water was coming out there too and it was just as bad as the discharge side.
You could see out from the discharge that the water changes so if I would have had a boat I'm sure it would have been great. And then all along the rocks the water isn't as dirty (like the rocks in the picture)
BUT the water was a lot colder along there.
[signature]