Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RECIPES AND THAT WHICH GETS US THERE.....
Hi,

I'm Klitos and live in Los Angeles, Ca.

I stumbled on this site accidentally by looking for "recipes from Missouri for Ham Hocks and Pinto or Kidney Beans"; my Dad was from Joplin MO and my Mom cooked the most wonderful MidWestern ham hock and beans with cornbread...which I've had a hankering for for a long time. It's also a sentimental/spiritual thing because I miss them an awful lot.

So thought I'd check this site out, as I love fish, especially freshwater fish...especially since it's hard to get it out here. Maybe I just don't know where to go in terms of fish markets, or online sources.

My Dad loved to fish...and through him I initially learned to fish for trout and for crappie, blue gill and catfish, on a very basic level. I never went beyond that.

As a kid in Arizona, I loved to read about hunting and fishing in Outdoor Life Magazine.

I'm a disabled Vietnam-era veteran living only off of a $930 a month VA Pension in Los Angeles; so I'm pretty limited. But I can walk.

I sure would like to be able to find a source for freshwater fish, that I can order and cook and enjoy. I've NEVER had bass, german or brown and golden or lake trout.

I LOVE fresh brookies and rainbow...but can't get them freshwater anymore. Only farm-raised...terrible.

Imagine all the freshwater fishes I've never had the pleasure of being introduced to. It's a terrible thing to say in America!

I also say this as someone who's almost half Amerindian: Cherokee and Pottawatomie on my Father's side, and Yaqui and Apache, maybe Opatu, on my Mother's side.

So much of America has been lost to so many.

I presently have no fishing equipment.

I use to hunt somewhat when I was a kid and a teenager. I would like to go fishing and on a couple of hunts before I die.

That's all for now.

Klitos
[signature]
[#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi there Klitos and welcome to the BFT. You certainly have quite a story to tell. Being from SoCal myself don't know how one can survive on just $930 per month. BTW since you are into cooking here is a link to the [/#008000][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=65"][#0000bf]Recipe[/#0000bf][/url][#008000] forum.[/#008000]
[signature]
Hiya Klitos and welcome to the BFT..

Since DR has already sent you to the recipes forum Ill give you a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?category=11"]California Forum[/url] in case you have not found it yet..

MacFly
[signature]